Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The greatest rock drummer of all time just passed away

LBC

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
Neil Peart...virtuoso drummer and lyricist of Hall of Fame band Rush passed away on Tuesday after a three year battle with brain cancer. Words can not explain how next level out of this world Neil Peart was nor how influential...even though no one has ever come close to what he was doing and did for the better part of 40 years. There are certainly several drummers one could offer up as their 'favorite' because music/art is so subjective but no one can argue their guy is 'better'...RIP Professor! The absolute GOAT!

"All the world's a stage and we are merely players...performers and portrayers"

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/neil-peart-rush-obituary-936221/

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP to one of the worlds best drummers.

Saw Rush at the Carolina Collesium in the early 90’s. Promise opened up.

Great show.

This is a great moment. Listen to the room pop! Standing ovations from Dave Grohl (of course), Tom Morello, John Mayer, Chad Smith, et al...

Dude a few doors down from me in the Douglas back in the 80's was a big Rush fan and used to crank their stuff all the time.

RIP to one of the worlds best drummers.

Saw Rush at the Carolina Collesium in the early 90’s. Promise opened up.

Great show.
I think you meant to type Primus.  I was at that show, on the 6th row. Had a fantastic time, and I got to see Rush 5 times total, and at 5 different venues too.

And when this happened it was a confirmation of how my favorite band is now absolutely officially retired.  Which is still a bit sad to me.

This happened 9 months ago, but EVH dying this month brought his death back to my mind and just reminded me yet again how 2020 sucks.

I think you meant to type Primus.  I was at that show, on the 6th row. Had a fantastic time, and I got to see Rush 5 times total, and at 5 different venues too.

And when this happened it was a confirmation of how my favorite band is now absolutely officially retired.  Which is still a bit sad to me.

This happened 9 months ago, but EVH dying this month brought his death back to my mind and just reminded me yet again how 2020 sucks.
Yes - Primus. damn autocorrect.

Rush / Primus played within a  week of Van Halen that year. This year made me think back to those concerts with both Neil Pert and Eddie VH passing away. 

Ha I was 1 row behind you 7th row center.  He was so much more than just a drummer.  Songwriter and composer as well.  Amazing talent.  He, Bonham and Copeland are probably 3 of my personal favorites to hear play.  

A reminder of a time when the music was good because the musicians were good.

Playing a cover version of a song is not the same as actually writing the song itself.  It makes you respect the original bands that wrote the songs that much more.