Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tiffany Mitchell's jersey to be retired in WBB home opener against the Terps Sunday

kingofnerf

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash
I remember when the "Three Amigos" came to South Carolina: Mitchell, Khadija Sessions, and Asia Dozier. All three 4-star rated players, and Sessions was actually the highest rated prospect of the three.

Kelsey Bone had long left the program, and Dawn had only Aleighsa Welch and Ieasia Walker on the roster as 4-star or better talent, so the infusion of talent with that class was to me a huge step forward in the program's progress. Hard to imagine now, after so many nationally top-rated prospects have come through - and are still coming through - the program in the years since. But the program rising to national prominence began with Tiffany's class....

I remember Bone leaving the seemed like such a big blow to the program. Compared to the transfer portal of today...such a different era.