Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top in-state basketball target Jordan Butler has set a commitment date, announcement plans

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Top in-state basketball target Jordan Butler has set a commitment date, announcement plans

Sept. 29, 2022

Jordan Butler is ready to make his college choice and has a date and time in which he will be doing it. The Christ Church center will announce his college choice at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday in his school’s gymnasium, his father, John Butler, told The State. Jordan Butler is down to three schools Auburn, Missouri, and South Carolina. He has taken official visits to all three schools.

Butler has had the attention of new USC coach Lamont Paris since he took over in April. Paris and the Gamecocks’ staff were at several of Butler’s AAU games over the summer and when he played during the S.C. High School League Showcase.

The senior took an unofficial visit to South Carolina in June and then an official visit in August.

Just a reminder... this happens on THIS Wednesday (October 5th) at 3:30pm.

Jordan would be a HUGE get for Coach Paris, and a very nice compliment to some of the other in-staters (including GG Jackson) who Coach Paris has managed to successfully recruit in recent months. I feel REALLY good about this one, with Auburn being my only real concern for competition for Mr. Butler's services. We will see how much of the "used car salesman" gamesmanship Bruce Pearl pulls out, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Jordan will see clearly how things are looking up for the Gamecocks and how much his services can be utilized here at USC! Best opportunity in the league to showcase what homegrown SC athletes look like on the bigger stage, and how they can easily translate to NBA players. The track record was started by Coach Martin, and now it's time to get things rolling for good!

My eyes are on Wednesday's calendar for certain!!

My sense is that Lamont has the personality to compete with coaches like Pearl in many areas, but lacks the track record and identity of actually having coaching seasons in the SEC.

I think we have a decent shot at the kid, though.

Wow, hate to see this... Cam Scott is the bigger prize for 2024 with GG already at school but this would have made some real momentum... mizzou, really

Last edited:
That's disappointing, he would have been a nice pick up. Not surprised he chose another school over us, but was a little surprised he didn't choose Auburn. That is until I heard on the radio that the FSU assistant that recruited John moved to Missouri and kept up the relationship with the Butlers for Jordan's recruitment. Like others have stated, I figured Pearl was going to put on his best used car salesman pitch.

Wow, hate to see this... Cam Scott is the bigger prize for 2034 with GG already at school but this would have made some real momentum... mizzou, really
Well to be fair, Jordan already had an existing relationship with one of their asst. coaches by way of his brother. But Mizzou is in a first year coach situation too. I'm guessing Jordan simply wanted to get further away from home, since he mentioned that Auburn wasn't terribly far from his family and USC (of course) was right here. Not sure that Mizzou does anything differently which features Jordan better than either us or Auburn. Head scratching here, but that's always the case with these kids... their decisions are often made for reasons which don't make much sense to you or I.

The former Florida St Asst at mizzou at least gives it some semblance... I should know better to think 🤔, hope, anyway best of luck to the young man except when he plays us

I am sure Lamont will do fine once he gets a regular season in the SEC under his belt.

Will the current guys play better and compete with a new recruit or will they play bad and open up some PT for a new guy? Hard to say until this season plays out.

We should be okay with whoever the remaining recruit ends up being.