Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traevon Dunbar

AikenGameFan

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
I sure do wish someone in Columbiia would make a push for this guy. He is the star at Midland Valley (4A) in Langley SC. They only show him as a 3-star right now but that should be on the way up. He missed half of last year due to injury but he is back better than ever.
In the Jamboree he had 6 rushes for 87 yards in a 31-0 route of Lugoff-Elgin. Friday night he had 30 rushes for 300 yards against a strong GA school.
That O-line is very impressive too. They had another runner make 104 yards in that same game and they had 469 total yards.
Being I am the statistician for Midland Valley, I get to watch this guy every Friday night. I am the one tracking every single yard he makes. I would love the chance to watch him every Saturday next year.

Offers from App, Arky, BC, Louisville, Maryland ,Michigan St, Ole Miss, Pen St, VT. What's USC waiting on?

In his second game he had 26 rushes for 286 yards with a huge 92-yard TD run on their first snap of the game.
After that play the Opposing D tried to stick him even closer, but he still made almost another 200 yards.
Almost 600 yards in 2 games with several TD's. I just don't see how he is still only a 3-star RB besides missing half of last season with an injury. This Friday they have to go play at Silver Bluff. They are also 2-0 and have scored a bunch of points. His first 2 years, that is where Trae played at before they moved. It will be interesting to see how he does back on that field.

Friday night they played a tough Silver Bluff team. SB had 2 defenders already committed. Everyone figured they would slow down Traevon. Well MV won 21-7 which happened to be the half time score. By then Traevon had 15 rushes for 157 yards and a TD. He had two more long TD runs in the second half but they both came back on minor penalties.
So far in 3 games, against 3 decent teams, he has 756 yards and 5 TDs.
This guy is a great RB. He breaks free from so many attempted tackles. And when he gets a little opening, he is like a rocket. He just leaves everyone behind. I am going to ask him this week what he thinks about the Gamecocks. After Saturday, we saw they can really use a strong RB that can break tackles.

Another 247 yards and 4 TD with a long of 65 where I saw him break 5 tackles..
He now has 1003 yards and 9 TDs in 4 games. 9.6 yards / carry.
If USC isn't recruiting him, I just don't understand why not. According to 247, he has not got an offer from them yet.
Midland Valley won 42-35 to make them 4-0 for the first time in 42 year history. Last week the were #10 in the state. Their other 2 RB avg. 7.1 and 5.3 / carry.
Traevon is going to get MV into the State championship this year.

Apparently he doesn't play another position that we can convert him over to RB...that seems to be our preference/only options.

In 4 games played, he has 98 carries and 1,000 yds. 10.2 per carry. #6 in the country in yards, #1 in the state.

Midland Valley plays at Westwood this Friday night. It is a school right there in Blythewood. Last season Westwood came to MVHS and won 41-19. Midland Valley will be trying to turn that around this year, and they have a lot better team this year. If you haven't got anything better to do and want to see an outstanding RB, come on over and watch Trae Friday night.
It is really awesome to see him breaking tackles. The guy can just keep his feet so good.

He took it easy tonight. Only 16 rushes for 185 yards with 2 TD's. That's 11.6 avg.
MV won 37-14 to go 5-0 on the season.

As expected, Trae just made the Shrine Bowl roster for the competition between NC and SC. in DEC. Some other Commitments will be there. Maybe USC will see what they overlooked.

They play Swansea at home this Friday. Swansea is not having a good year so far. They are 0-4 with 49 PF and 170 PA.
Traevon may make his most yards/ game yet. MV does have 3 other RB's so they may all see playing time.

Traevon had 6 rushes for 85 yards. and 2 TD.
MV won 77-0 so he really did not play much.
Off next week then start conf. play at Airport

They play Airport on the road this Friday night. Airport is 5-2 but has a very weak schedule and the got shutout by a AAA school.
After the lax game against Swansea and the week off, Traevon is probably ready for some big yards this week.
He is still #1 in the state in total yards, 1273. 10.61 / carry and 14 TD's. Even after the lax week, he is still avg. 212 yards/game.
Maybe since he will be in West Columbia someone from the team will come watch him.
I just feel this young man should have an offer.
Had it not been for penalties, he would have 4 more TD's and a lot of yards. Fortunately, the team has worked to stop those penalties.

56-7 Final
Traevon had 14 rushes for 199 and 4 TD
I get the feeling he will be playing on Sundays for a quite a while. Unfortunately, USC most likely has missed the boat on this kid (a la Ja Morant). My money is on him going to Penn State.