Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traevon Dunbar

I had a coach tell me he thinks Traevon's size may be holding schools back. He is 5'10" and 200 lbs. He thinks schools may think he is 2 small. I have watched him run over people like a freight train. I don't understand why they would think he is too small.

Yesterday he had 9 rushes for 327 yards and 4 TDs. A long of 89 and 35.2 yards per carry against South Aiken.
Sadly he went to visit West Virginia last Saturday.
MV won 56-28 to go 9-0. Their last regular season game will be next week against a tough North Augusta for the conference Championship

After 9 games Traevon has....
164 rushes for 1937 yards,11.8 avg per carry, 25 TDs. 215 yards / game avg.
It sure is fun watching this guy. Still cannot understand why SC is not after him.

USC finally contacted him...
And Trae actually had good things to say about them.
"South Carolina has always been a dream school but there’s only so much time you can wait on somebody."
I sure hope they are not too late if they do decide to offer. I know they are trying to get the guy from Miss. but, I am not sure why they would not offer anyway. I would not think it could hurt to take 2 RB's at the same time. I mean the room will be almost empty.

His biggest game of the year will be this Friday night. They play North Augusta for the Conf. Championship.
Right now, Midland Valley is 9-0, and #5 in the state AAAA rankings.
North Augusta is 7-2 with their 2 loses to 5A schools. They are ranked #10.
Both are undefeated in conf. play.
It should be a really good game. It will be streamed live on WJBF TV. They have already been selling stadium tickets at the school this week. I am glad I got my seat in the press box and my own parking space, because that stadium will be packed.

USC finally contacted him...
And Trae actually had good things to say about them.
"South Carolina has always been a dream school but there’s only so much time you can wait on somebody."
I sure hope they are not too late if they do decide to offer. I know they are trying to get the guy from Miss. but, I am not sure why they would not offer anyway. I would not think it could hurt to take 2 RB's at the same time. I mean the room will be almost empty.
Exactly, you can never have enough quality RBs.

Traevon had another great game in one of the hardest fought football games I have ever watched. MV 49 NA 48.
29 rushes for 324 yards. 4 TD a long of 80. 11.2 avg / rush

On the season...
193 rushes 2261 yards 29 TD 11.7 avg. 92 Long 226.1 per game.
I sure hope USC goes after this guy.

They need to make this guy a priority. Let him know that. Rather be wrong with him than wrong without him if you know what I mean.

I sent Montario Hardesty an email with copies of some of the stats I have collected and the video of his senior season so far. It was the email address that the university showed for him with his name in the address, so I assume he will see it.
I asked him to let me know if that was inappropriate or if he wanted more stats from the playoff game this Friday. I have yet to receive a response. I would really love to see someone from the university show up Friday night.

I sent Montario Hardesty an email with copies of some of the stats I have collected and the video of his senior season so far. It was the email address that the university showed for him with his name in the address, so I assume he will see it.
I asked him to let me know if that was inappropriate or if he wanted more stats from the playoff game this Friday. I have yet to receive a response. I would really love to see someone from the university show up Friday night.
Good job.

Good for you, AikenGameFan for showing an interest in the kid and taking the time to put together the information you sent to Hardesty. I hope it works out.

You would think that at least the staff should bring him in for a look. After all, it is not a long trip from Aiken to Columbia.

Montario Hardesty enjoyed the game. I went and got his autograph. I sure hope they offer him soon.
Tonight Trae went 25 rushes for 221 and 3 TD's.
He now has 218 for 2482 yards. 11.4 avg. and 32 TD's That's in 11 games for 225.6/game. He had another 80 yarder called back due to a penalty.

Attachments

• Hardesty Autograph.jpg
    Hardesty Autograph.jpg
    840.9 KB · Views: 3
  • me and Montario.jpg
    me and Montario.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 3
I just think we should find a way to have two RB's offered in the same class. I hate to see us lose Trae. Hardesty is waiting to see what Daniel Hill is going to do. He is between us, Alabama, and Tenn. and his dad really likes Ala.
Hill said he is not going to commit until the all-American game in Jan.

Glad Trae is waiting to commit because WV would probably get him but don't know if he will wait until Jan. Just wish our team would go ahead and offer. Trae sounded like he would love to be a Gamecock.

Kids from Midland Valley don't get many offers, and rarely a power 5 offer. But Trae is the best player they have had play there in years. He will be playing in the pros one day. He is good enough to play any where.

Sounds like a great kid, and I hope it works out for the best for him. If nothing else, he is learning important life lessons about this entire process.