Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traevon Dunbar

Another big game against South Pointe this past Friday. One of the hardest so far this season but it did not slow down Trae.. 25 rush 286 yards 3 TD 80 yrd. long 11.4 avg.
Now has 243 rushes for 2759 yards with 35 TD's and 11.4 avg. for the season in 12 games.
This young man may hit 3000 yards this Friday. He averages 230.7 per game.
Might be tough though. They play Westside this Friday. Just glad it is another home game.

Name Games ATT YARDS AVG./ RUSH AVG./GAME LONG TDs
Daniel Hill 12 277 2064 7.5 172 75 23
T. Dunbar 12 243 2759 11.4 230 92 35

Looking at the stats, I would feel Trae was the better of the 2. But I do not know the difference in competition. I just know MV is undefeated, and Meridian is only 6-6. Trae has been a big part of MV being undefeated. I still think he should get an offer from USC.

MV fought hard against Westside but no one fought as hard as Trae,
40 rushes for 306 yards. 8 TD's with a long of 42 and 7.7 avg.
On the year 283 for 3065 yards. 43 TD's 92 for a long and 10.9 avg and 236.5 per game. Hill ain't got stats like these. And Trae kept it up against very tough teams.
I just do not see why you cannot go ahead and offer this young man

It is insane that a RB with over 3000 yards and 43 TDs is not getting an offer from USC. And there were several games he did not see a lot of playing time because they were winning so big.

It is insane that a RB with over 3000 yards and 43 TDs is not getting an offer from USC. And there were several games he did not see a lot of playing time because they were winning so big.
I would offer him in a heartbeat. Even if Hill commits IMHO you can't have enough RBs. It was suggested that perhaps he is too small at 5' 10" 190 but yet our current RB is what? 5' 6" 160 pounds?

That's not a slam on Mario, I love his heart and determination but not offering kids like Traveon is why we settle for a Mario type RB.

B I agree, you can't have enough rbs
There was one years that we had 4 backs, and he fourth strung back ended up being the top rusher. A lot of things happen and you need a "god stable" of backs. When you have an in-state back with his stats you need to have a solid look and hopefully an offer.

Hardesty came to watch him play. Seemed really interested but said they had to see what Hill would do. As bad as we need RB's right now, it seems crazy that he has not got an offer yet.

I see that we have 2 commits from the portal, wonder what effect that will have on a possible offer to Travon?????

Trae signed with West Virginia. He was not going to wait until next month. He would have switched to us if we had offered. He wanted to stay here. I hope he has a very successful career.

Curt Warner was a running back that was not highly recruited. He was a West Virginia kid that wanted to stay at home, but ended up at Penn St. Hope that Trae does well and has the success he has earned.

I have to trust Hardesty but I'm scratching my head especially after watching the Shrine Bowl and reading this thread
I would have signed him in addition to the other 3. You gotta figure the Arkansas transfer will be gone after 1 year. Red shirt Dunbar and have him primed for 2025. IMHO you can't have enough RBs.