Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two official visits down for Harbor, no more until after his season

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Two official visits down for Harbor, no more until after his season

SPORTSTALK / September 29, 2022

1664432556091.png5-star DE/TE Nyck Harbor of Washington, DC made his second official visit of the month last weekend with a stop at Michigan. The visit came two weeks after Harbor and his parents spent the weekend at USC. He came out of that visit with the Gamecocks excited about the possibilities for him in Columbia. Likewise, he came out of his visit with the Wolverines excited about his opportunities in Ann Arbor.

“He said it was a great visit,” Archbishop Carroll head coach Robert Harris said after discussing the weekend with Harbor. “He said he had a great time. He enjoyed the whole visit. He said of course the atmosphere was electric. He liked going to visit the campus and the College of Medicine to see what his possible degrees could be. He liked the plan that they had for him. He said he had a good time.”

Academics are a major part of the recruiting equation for Harbor as he looks for his right spot. Harris said Jim Harbaugh and the staff made sure he got plenty of information about the direction he could take academically.

“They gave him a couple of options degree-wise,” Harris said. “He liked all the options; I just don’t remember what all they were.”

From a football standpoint, Harris said what Harbor heard from Harbaugh and company was pretty much in line with what he had heard from Shane Beamer and the other coaches in pursuit.

“Everybody’s the same there,” Harris said. “It’s nothing different there. Everybody is saying they want him to come to play football and they are going to give him the option to run track as well.”

As for what Harbor thinks about Harbaugh, Harris said Harbor always has held him in high regard.

“He didn’t say much this past weekend, but he’s expressed that he really likes Coach Harbaugh and the staff before. That was nothing new, so we didn’t get in-depth about that.”

Beamer, of course, is keeping in touch with Harbor. Harris said there’s not been a lot of new breaking ground from the Gamecocks’ standpoint.

From what I have gathered Beamer and staff are working Harbor strong. Win the games you are supposed to, Gamecocks can land the talented young man. Harbor on his major medicine. The best two schools are South Carolina and Michigan. I feel as of now choose Gamecocks but as I said Gamecocks got to show this kid that this program is moving in the right direction.

From what I have gathered Beamer and staff are working Harbor strong. Win the games you are supposed to, Gamecocks can land the talented young man. Harbor on his major medicine. The best two schools are South Carolina and Michigan. I feel as of now choose Gamecocks but as I said Gamecocks got to show this kid that this program is moving in the right direction.
Nyck is a sharp guy and I can see him gravitating toward Shane and Harbaugh, but you have to let the season play out.

Having said that, he is more likely to get significant PT down here than at Ann Arbor, just because Michigan is so good right now.

From that standpoint, I think we are more likely than Michigan to get him at the end of the season.