Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U of SC Gone USC back

Hell to the yeah!!

I would really like to know the backstory on this one.

Did they challenge the California lawsuit and win?

I love the old "We were a university before you were a state!" line. I refuse to say anything other than "Southern Cal." WE are USC.

AND Carolina. Goes without saying.

Hell to the yeah!!

My guess is that the "1801" is necessary to utilize the USC. Probably can't use the USC without the 1801 -- just my guess.

Hell to the yeah!!

Doesn’t really have anything to do with the So Cal issue, as far as I cen tell from the press release.

Somebody actually realized that this logo was dumb.

5cdc5ebf6e083.image.jpg

i dont know the specifics especially the legalities, but i think initially going to "of" was strictly about rebranding and thinking it would make us more marketable trying to differentiate from southern cal. we can still use sc and usc however we please we just werent able to trademark the interlocking baseball logo because the trojans objected and the trademark appeal board sided with them because the logos were "confusing similar".