Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UNC QB overrated

AikenGameFan

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
All of Media wants to talk about how good Drake Maye is as QB. And how SC needs to worry about him.
What they all seem to forget is where he is playing at, the ACC.
If almost every game you play is against ACC defenses, you are going to get plenty of yards passing. He got beat by ND, Ga Tech, NC State, Clemson, and Oregon. I do not see why they consider him so good. He does not win against schools with decent records.
I think after we come out and beat them down, the media might pay more attention to what Beamer is building here. if Rattler keeps playing like he ended last year, he will be the QB the media will be talking about.

Nah, he's pretty good but this time of year anything resembling media is looking to hype someone. Big, accurate, doesn't throw a ton of picks. Agree with his level of competition but he's a good QB. Lead them in rushing last season as well with nearly 700 yds. He took a ton of sacks so we need step up our pressure and get to him. Last year was his Soph season and he threw for 4300+ yards, 66% completion. 38 passing TDs, 7 picks. By comparison, Rattler in his Jr Season, 3000+ yds, 66% completion, 18 TDs, 12 picks. Rattler had 46 total yds rushing.

Common Opponents: GA St, ND, Clemson. Statistically, Rattler had the better game vs Clemson, Maye against the other two. Rattler won 2 of those games however, but UNC's defense was soft last year.

Last edited:
He is definitely very good. With that said I hope we make him look terrible and he is great the rest of the season and our win helps our power rankings.

Two things our coach told us: they can't complete a pass if there is nobody open, and no qb can complete a pass if he is on his back. It is up to our defense to keep him under control. He is good if you don't keep him from running when the receivers aren't open. You have to pressure without giving him a running lane and that is easier said than done

All of Media wants to talk about how good Drake Maye is as QB. And how SC needs to worry about him.
What they all seem to forget is where he is playing at, the ACC.
If almost every game you play is against ACC defenses, you are going to get plenty of yards passing. He got beat by ND, Ga Tech, NC State, Clemson, and Oregon. I do not see why they consider him so good. He does not win against schools with decent records.
I think after we come out and beat them down, the media might pay more attention to what Beamer is building here. if Rattler keeps playing like he ended last year, he will be the QB the media will be talking about.
Teams that play in the ACC should have an asterisk by all of their stats.

I suck at basketball, but if you put me up against a group of 3rd graders, I look like Shaq.