Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*** USC MBB (5-0) vs. Notre Dame (3-2) Game Thread ***

kingofnerf

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2dhbWVjb2Nrc29ubGluZS1jb20vMjAyMy8xMS8yYWVlMzA0ZS1jb29wZXJ0LXRlYW1fY2Fyb2xpbmEtbWJiLXYtdm1pLWplbm55LWdhbWUtZWRpdC0yOTgtMTEuMTMuMjAyMy1qZC5qcGc.png

(Photo courtesy South Carolina Athletics)

A winnable game for us me thinks.

Good win, but a strange one. ND “out-statted” us in some pretty important ways. Gotta get better at sharing the ball and getting more scorers involved. Winning the game with 3 guys is great, but I’d love to have others getting more time on the floor right now, and getting the workload shared more. Coach Paris will find himself in trouble if the injury bug bites again this season. But I’ll give the benefit of the doubt and assume he’s still deciding on a set starting five at this point.

We didn't foul more than the opponent tonight, which seems to be a first this season that I can recall. We shot better than Notre Dame in most all categories except 3-pt. shooting, and even there we made one more 3-ptr. than the Irish did. They had the more turnovers, which we capitalized on to a score of 11-5 over them.

We next host George Washington, who are 6-1 but have played mostly smaller schools. Still, its harder for me to get a bead on basketball teams unless they are really bad, sort of like baseball teams. Good news is we have them in CLA again, so hopefully we can keep the winning going. After them is our game with Clemson at Clemson - will be a tough one. They are 5-0 but are playing their toughest opponent to date tonight versus 23rd-ranked Alabama, so we will see how good the Tigers are tonight.....

We didn't foul more than the opponent tonight, which seems to be a first this season that I can recall. We shot better than Notre Dame in most all categories except 3-pt. shooting, and even there we made one more 3-ptr. than the Irish did. They had the more turnovers, which we capitalized on to a score of 11-5 over them.

We next host George Washington, who are 6-1 but have played mostly smaller schools. Still, its harder for me to get a bead on basketball teams unless they are really bad, sort of like baseball teams. Good news is we have them in CLA again, so hopefully we can keep the winning going. After them is our game with Clemson at Clemson - will be a tough one. They are 5-0 but are playing their toughest opponent to date tonight versus 23rd-ranked Alabama, so we will see how good the Tigers are tonight.....
The taters upset Bama last night. They've been ready to run Brownell off a couple of times but he seems to put a good team on the floor every year. It's going to be a tough game for sure.