Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*** USC MBB (7-1) @ ECU (6-3) Game Thread ***

kingofnerf

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash

Carolina has not played in Greenville, N.C. since Jan. 13, 1988, a 78-51 win over the Pirates. Tony Shaw had a team-high 14 points, and Terry Dozier scored 12 on 6-of-9 shooting.

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2dhbWVjb2Nrc29ubGluZS1jb20vMjAyMy8xMi9kZWZkMjUzMS05NTJhMTg1Ny5qcGVn.png

(Photo courtesy South Carolina Athletics)

Their arena was sold-out at 5K fans, but you could hear on the radio they were pretty feisty throughout the game.

Some good insights on our strengths and what we’ll see from future opposing coaches/teams. Gotta agree that we need MUCH more production on the offensive/defensive boards from guys like Josh Grey and BBV. Could have cost us the game, but the good guys fought and got shots to fall when it counted. ECU was a good test, as was Clemson. If we grow in bench production, we’ll give some SEC teams absolute nightmares with matchups. If a guy like Ugusuk can get good minutes and scoring, and a guy like Murray-Boyles develops well… DANGEROUS team we’ve got on our hands. We’ll have opposing coaches throwing the kitchen sink at the ‘Cocks because those two’s skillsets are so unusual for their sizes.

Did BBV even play against ECU? I don't remember even seeing him... I guess Murray-Boyles is now getting all of his minutes? I'm hoping that is the case, as his upside is huge as he gets back into game mode after his illness.

CMB is not the first student to get mono in college. I got it my SR year. It saps the energy out of you and then you have to deal with instructors who refuse to give you late tests because they don't understand it and want to stay on schedule.

Duane Notice also got it his last year. The great Brian Winters from the McGuire era also got it and his absence had a negative impact on the team that season until he got over it.

Did BBV even play against ECU? I don't remember even seeing him... I guess Murray-Boyles is now getting all of his minutes? I'm hoping that is the case, as his upside is huge as he gets back into game mode after his illness.
CM-B had 9 minutes, Josh Gray had 7, and BBV had none. Mack, Stute and Davis were the “bigs” most of the game.