Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*** USC MBB (8-1) vs. Charleston Southern (3-6) Game Thread ***

kingofnerf

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash

Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. (ET) at Colonial Life Arena.

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2dhbWVjb2Nrc29ubGluZS1jb20vMjAyMy8xMi85ZjNmOTc3My0xMi4wMS4yMy5zb3V0aF8uY2Fyb2xpbmEudnNfLmdlb3JnZS53YXNoaW5ndG9uLjAwMDAyLmpwZw.png

(Photo courtesy South Carolina Athletics)

No doubt in my mind that Frank would have lost that game. I listened to it on the radio, very entertaining.

CMB got more playing time in this one and he will be a force to reckon with once he gets settled in, which won't be much of a stretch for him.

GG brought the hype and gave us great attendance numbers despite the poor record, but CMB is the real deal.

No doubt in my mind that Frank would have lost that game. I listened to it on the radio, very entertaining.
The girl who sang the National Anthem was fantastic, too. The pep just played it towards the end of last season for the last game I went to.

Probably a function of the disarray in indoor sports created by the pandemic.

No good movies out right now, so the CLA games are the best entertainment in Columbia right now.

We are finally playing like the teams that would come in here and give Frank fits. More like the teams I thought Frank would field after the FF run when he had so much difficulty running his system.

KEY STAT
  • South Carolina offered free concessions for fans and today’s men’s and women’s games. Combined at both games, 7,000 hot dogs, 6,000 boxes of popcorn and 8,500 soft drinks were given away.

Gamecocks improve to 9-1 for the sixth time in program history.​

KEY STAT
  • South Carolina offered free concessions for fans and today’s men’s and women’s games. Combined at both games, 7,000 hot dogs, 6,000 boxes of popcorn and 8,500 soft drinks were given away.

Now that's the kind of inside knowledge that I come to this site for. small.gif

KEY STAT

I always thought it would be wise to lower the concession prices at all venues. I could be wrong be it seems that lowering the prices would encourage more buying.

I know from personal experience that games I've went to in the past I would either eat before I left home or go early and eat at one of the nearby restaurants because I knew once inside the CLA the prices were high.

I also wondered if (for example) you advertised free parking if it would encourage more people to attend and if you offered free parking if it would encourage people to arrive earlier to get a free spot which in turn would likely spur more concession sales plus you wouldn't be paying people to work the parking lots.

On a side note Mrs B and I went to see Kansas in Charlotte back on November 3rd. It was at Ovens Arena/Bojangles Arena and the parking was free, first come first serve. It was nice not to have to shell out 15 - 20 bucks to park.

I also wondered if (for example) you advertised free parking if it would encourage more people to attend and if you offered free parking if it would encourage people to arrive earlier to get a free spot which in turn would likely spur more concession sales plus you wouldn't be paying people to work the parking lots.
I know I paid $10 for a parking spot but it was close and had good direction from police after the game to get out quick.
I need to look into the Gamecock club parking. I am a member and have been for some time but never knew I had to apply to have access to that parking lot. They have a large lot right across the street from CLA.

Charleston Southern seemed to make almost all of their shots from in the paint even when they had defenders right in front of them with their arms high. Regrettably, I do not remember our guys getting any blocks. CSU really played their hearts out and I was glad we were able to maintain the win.
Our guys did have a lot of assists and we did get way more rebounds, but our 3-pt. shotting was awful (24%). At one point near the end of the game we missed 4 shots in a row (2 from 3) but still managed to get 4 OR in a row.
The main thing is, even when CSU seemed like they could not miss a shot, our guys got some good steals and kept us in the lead. As long as they can play like that when the competition is having such a good game, they will go a long way this year.

CSU had 7 blocks to none for us.

It seemed like there was some exam-week rust for this game. Lamont made mention of it because he wants the guys to do well in class.

As long as we got the win, it matters not to me. LOL

I know I paid $10 for a parking spot but it was close and had good direction from police after the game to get out quick.
I need to look into the Gamecock club parking. I am a member and have been for some time but never knew I had to apply to have access to that parking lot. They have a large lot right across the street from CLA.
I usually park in the Hilton garage for $10. It's gone back and forth from cash-only to the current card-only deal.

This time of year it can be crowded due to holiday events at the convention center across the street.