Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wednesday football notes

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Junior TE Milan Richard of Savannah is planning to be among the recruits on hand Saturday night for USC’s showdown with Georgia. It will be his second consecutive week watching the Bulldogs in person. He was in Athens this past Saturday for the Tennessee game. Richard will be making his second trip to Columbia this season. He was in for the UAB game. The Gamecocks have offered along with Vanderbilt, NC State, UCLA and Louisiana.

Goose Creek ATH Tramel Terry will visit Clemson Saturday unofficially for the Georgia Tech game. He says he’s still firmly committed to Georgia.

DB Mackensie Alexander of Immokalee, FL told Tigernet Clemson is his current favorite. He was at the Clemson-Florida State game. He has also expressed strong interest in Boise State, Notre Dame and Alabama.

Junior DE Andrew Williams of McDonough, GA will be at Clemson Saturday. He’s a highly rated player for the 2014 class.

Clemson commitment WR Demarcus Robinson of Fort Valley, GA will visit Florida this weekend, maybe officially. He says he’s still solid with Clemson.

DL Antonio McGhee of Bossier City, LA Sunday announced a decommitment from Tulane and said USC is one of the schools he’s now considering. USC had offered McGhee before he committed to Tulane during the summer and he was interested in the Gamecocks then. ‘I like their style of defense,” McGhee said last spring. “It fits me.” McGhee is now also looking at LSU, Louisiana Tech, Ole Miss, SMU and others.

Junior ATH Johnathan Lloyd (6-4 185) of Graham, NC has offers from USC, Clemson, North Carolina, Duke, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Florida, Notre Dame, NC State and East Carolina. His visits to date have been limited. “I’ve visited a lot of the schools that are close like North Carolina, NC State and Wake Forest,” Lloyd said. “I did go to Ohio State this summer and I went to South Carolina for spring practice.” His visit to Columbia was enjoyable. “Getting to talk to coach (Steve) Spurrier was cool,” he said. “It was a good meeting with him and a good trip.” Lloyd is unsure if he will visit Clemson or USC this season but is interested in both. “I know I’m going to Florida after my season is done,” he added. Through seven games he has thrown for over 600 yards and seven touchdowns. He has rushed for another seven scores. No favorites for Lloyd. “I’ll wait until after the season before I start looking at what I want in a school,” he said.

Junior ATH Hyleck Foster (6-0 175) of Gaffney is still waiting on his first offer but has several schools showing interest. He is hearing from USC, North Carolina, Mississippi State, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest among others. He named UNC, Wake Forest and Virginia Tech as his top three in no order. “North Carolina and Wake Forest are telling me the same thing,” Foster said. “Just keep coming to their games and keep improving on the field.” Foster was at the UNC-Wake Forest game earlier this season. “It went really well and I got to talk to both of the coaching staffs,” he said. He also visited USC when UAB was in town. “That was my first time I visited,” said Foster. “I really like the atmosphere there. When they score, the crowd is amazing.” He could return to Columbia this weekend for the Georgia game. “I’ll either go there or to the UNC-Virginia Tech game,” he said. In six games this season Foster has 83 carries for over 600 yards and 12 receptions for another 121. He has seven touchdowns. Foster did not name a favorite.

OL Jake Whitley (6-4 295) of North Augusta has been to games at Clemson and NC State and plans to get to one at Georgia Tech. Right now he feels NC State is the closest to offering him. But Clemson, he said is highly interested. He was there for the spring game and the Ball State game. “Coach Caldwell says he likes me a lot,” Whitley said. “He likes my body style, big but can move. I’m real interested in Clemson.” Whitley has a top five of Clemson, NC State, Georgia Tech, LSU and Michigan with no favorite. He plans to get back to Clemson for another game this month. Whitley attended a USC camp last summer but hasn’t heard back from the Gamecocks.

Last edited by a moderator: