Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your favorite food channels/blogs?

Catdaddy66

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
I have been cooking my little butt off for the last year or two in order to eat healthier than the typical southern diet. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love me some southern cooking! But, as I have ranged across the digital landscape to broaden my culinary repertoire I have become aware of the plethora of voices and personalities on the interwebs that can help me up my kitchen skills. YouTube is a must see for some of my favorite personalities that have shown me how to make delicious recipes and make them easier than you ever thought they could be.

Two of my favorites are Chef John from 'Food Wishes' and Andrew Rea on 'Binging With Babish'. What others do you guys like or recommend? I'm open to any and all that bring great taste, ease of cooking and fun to the table!

I have been going old school and watching old reruns of Julia Child and Justin Wilson.  Some of the new stuff too.  Much of the things I read/watch is now Facebook related.  SV, IP, smoking, and related group specific topics.  Some are very focused such as an IP group for Indian cooking.  

I decided to get a bit more basic by taking a year long culinary school.  This starts with the basics of knife use and goes from there.  I've thought of rolling all of those together and putting the lessons here one by one if there is any interest.  

I decided to get a bit more basic by taking a year long culinary school.  This starts with the basics of knife use and goes from there.  I've thought of rolling all of those together and putting the lessons here one by one if there is any interest.  
Yes! I need to learn better knife technique. That would be a gift for the holidays. Thanks!

I stumbled across this site when I first got my smoker and has been my go-to reference since when it comes to smoking. A ton of recipes and tips for all kinds of smoking / grilling form all over the world.  The guy is British which may seem weird to run a BBQ site. But his tips and recipes have not let me down.

https://www.barbecue-smoker-recipes.com/bbq-ribs-recipes.html#Classic

Last edited by a moderator:
I stumbled across this site when I first got my smoker and has been my go-to reference side when it comes to smoking. A ton of recipes and tips for all kinds of smoking / grilling form all over the world.  The guy is British which may seem weird to run a BBQ site. But his tips and recipes have not let me down.

https://www.barbecue-smoker-recipes.com/bbq-ribs-recipes.html#Classic
That's a good resource for an area that I am deficient.

I meant to say I suck at it!

I usually watch these guys for a recipe or three. No great knowledge or technique but... Still kinda fun.

Tons of them, many Facebook groups.  Ethnic centered like Indian or Floribean.  Technique focused like sous vide, pressure cooker, air fryer, etc.  Slacking a bit at the moment due to holidays, health, and so forth.  I have started a self paced online cooking school though.  Should take a year to complete it. Chef Todd has some sales now and again which is where I bought my membership dirt cheap. His web site:  https://webcookingclasses.com/.  Below is one  of his vids.

This guy (Cowboy Kent Rollins) is always cooking things that I enjoy eating...

Had a lot of issues trying to post this from my tablet yesterday, so this edit is from my phone.

Liked this video for its simplicity but thought they could have explained the mechanics of mincing better...