Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What music are you listening to now?

Cool segment on the NFL and this song being played before the games and how it has transcended generations of players.  Still one of my favorite workout songs.  

Beachboys.jpg

Currently working my way through this Beach Boys set.  Sunflower and Surf's Up albums and lots of other unreleased stuff. 

You have all heard of the time that The Doors / Jim Morrison pissed of Ed Sullivan by not changing the lyrics in "Light My Fire" when they appeared on his show. That wasn't the first time that had happened. Buddy Holly did it, and on Nov. 20, 1955, Bo Diddley did it.

Bo was appearing on The Ed Sullivan Show and Sullivan told him that he wanted him to play Tennessee Ernie Ford's hit "Sixteen Tons". Bo agreed, obviously to keep Sullivan happy. When it came time for his performance, he instead played the song he was actually there to promote, his own hit "Bo Diddley." Sullivan was furious and blackballed Diddley from ever appearing on the show again.

Bo has claimed that he was never paid for the performance.

Here's the performance, 66 years ago tonight.