Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Schedules Could Look Like If SEC Moves to 9 Conference Games

Realistically, OOC games give a team a chance to rest it's banged-up starters at certain points in the season.

I just don't see the OOC games going away that much.

Honestly, I'm a big fan of this if our annual opponents were Mizzou, Vandy, and Georgia. Having Vandy secures an easy SEC win each season, our budding rivarly with Mizzou has always been a good game to watch, and Georgia is tough but important measuring stick in our season and our biggest rival within the East. I could do without having to see Florida, Tennessee, and Kentucky every single year.

I'm fine with only three OOC games per season. One always goes to Clemson and then ideally the other two go to one small in-state program, and one interesting matchup from somewhere else in the country (i.e. an ACC or Big 10 opponent).

It seems like with Gamecock football, at our worst, our bar for acceptable is breaking even with a .500 record. We have two gimmes with Vandy and the FCS in-state matchup, and then you have to find minimum 4 wins with the remaining 10 games. Beating Mizzou is probably a must, we'll likely get a few toss up opponents with our rotating SEC schedule, and then you need to steal one against Georgia, Clemson, or whatever more difficult rotating SEC opponent comes up. It would always make for an interesting season.