Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What we learned in the Gamecocks' demoralizing loss to Missouri

Are you guys happy with what you’re seeing in game situations (from Spencer Rattler)?

“I think it’s a combination of things. He’ll be the first to tell you, he’s got to play better. We’ve got to protect him better. A lot of times tonight, he was under duress and made some great plays, gutty plays and throws and runs. … We’ve got to continue – he has looked great in practice, but we’ve got to continue to (figure out) why, offensively, not just him, we don’t have a better carryover from practice to the games.”

His answer is right that in the last sentence. He's Beecher 2.0. Move on from the Rattler experiment.

Doty Time thing he would be facing the same issues himself he was starting QB last year back there behind that hideous OL we have could not do anything and was benched. He did not show much. Think you ride it out and save Doty any damage from this year.

I don't think Doty would play that much different than Rattler; they would make him stay in the pocket in the Pro-style offense that no coach has ever made work here.

Mizzou's QB Brady Cook runs with skill and aggression just like Shaw did. They got the win.

Where's our Bowl MVP QB at?

If you just put Joyner in for a play or two, everyone knows he's going to get the ball just like they did with Pharoh so long ago, so you have to leave him for several possessions to always keep the defenders guessing and move the chains.

We could have done that enough to get within FG range a few times and keep it closer than it was.

Hopefully we do something like that against Florida and the rest, but not a bad idea to try it in the Vandy game, either.

My opinion is that Satterfield does not know how to make adjustments when his offense is not working. When you know they are bringing the heat on every play, why don't we see more designed roll out plays for Rattler. He throws better when he is moving anyway and at least you give the defense something else to think about. Also I thought Rattler was a better runner than he has shown here. He seems very timid when he does take off. I also agree that Joyner may have been a better option to play. Our offensive line was not coached well for what Missouri brings and I don't lay all of the blame on them. We definitely do not have the talent up there to impose our will on teams, but they are not as bad as they looked Saturday either. We let Missouri dictate the play at the line and they won. I love Beamer's attitude, but this is going to start feeling like Muschamp 2.0 if we do not get an offensive coordinator that can call a better game and utilize the players we have out there. I the Satterfield needs to realize we don't have a pro-style quarterback and he cannot keep trying to cram a square peg into a round hole.

My opinion is that Satterfield does not know how to make adjustments when his offense is not working. When you know they are bringing the heat on every play, why don't we see more designed roll out plays for Rattler. He throws better when he is moving anyway and at least you give the defense something else to think about. Also I thought Rattler was a better runner than he has shown here. He seems very timid when he does take off. I also agree that Joyner may have been a better option to play. Our offensive line was not coached well for what Missouri brings and I don't lay all of the blame on them. We definitely do not have the talent up there to impose our will on teams, but they are not as bad as they looked Saturday either. We let Missouri dictate the play at the line and they won. I love Beamer's attitude, but this is going to start feeling like Muschamp 2.0 if we do not get an offensive coordinator that can call a better game and utilize the players we have out there. I the Satterfield needs to realize we don't have a pro-style quarterback and he cannot keep trying to cram a square peg into a round hole.

Looking at that last pick that was thrown to Joyner, Cinco's been pumping some iron.

Give our bowl MVP QB some possessions and let him tear it up.