Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the latest on GG Jackson

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
What's the latest on GG Jackson
July 03, 2022

National basketball recruiting analyst Jamie Shaw of On3, citing multiple sources “close to the situation,” reported Sunday that 2023 6-9 standout GG Jackson of Ridge View, who committed to North Carolina in April, will graduate early and end up at USC, Oregon or in the G-League. Shaw suggested in his story Jackson will spend a year at USC before going into the 2023 NBA Draft. Shaw reported North Carolina is out of scholarships for the 2022 class thus forcing Jackson to go in another direction. Jackson last week was named the MVP of the Top 100 Camp.

If this was April, I would insist that story is an April's Fool joke. At one time, wasn't Jackson the #1 player coming out of high school? How does UNC not have a scholarship for him? Is the NIL money at Tarheel U so great now, that NBA players are stepping down in classification?

If this was April, I would insist that story is an April's Fool joke. At one time, wasn't Jackson the #1 player coming out of high school? How does UNC not have a scholarship for him? Is the NIL money at Tarheel U so great now, that NBA players are stepping down in classification?
The basketball recruiting cycle ends sometime in May, so yeah, UNC is probably maxed out with scholarships for next season. If he wanted to reclass to 2022 and still wanted to play for them, he should have announced that intention before the cycle ended.

We don't even know what kind of system Lamont is going to run here yet.

That plus a one-and-done type of guy isn't the best combo in the world.

Maybe that's why UNC passed on him, too.

House, not sure I'm understanding your post correctly...as I read it (with the clapping emoji), you're glad he's not coming to SC? If that's the case, just curious as to the reason behind the sentiment.
Claps for emphasis. I don’t think he will play here unless it doesn’t workout at his first location and he has to find a place close to home

Let’s just say I’m not holding my breath on this one, despite Jamie Shane’s positive outlook. GG would make a great addition for Lamont’s team, and would be a recruiting splash for USC, but I sincerely doubt GG will be making the switch to USC.

Let’s just say I’m not holding my breath on this one, despite Jamie Shane’s positive outlook. GG would make a great addition for Lamont’s team, and would be a recruiting splash for USC, but I sincerely doubt GG will be making the switch to USC.
You have to be one of the most negative people, tell us when to start holding our breath or if we should start calling for another coach to be fired...

I think recruits tend to play programs off of each other to get what they want from their final selection, so it's still hard to say what all of this means.

Regardless of where Jackson ends up, I hope the kid is able to keep a level head about him. Apparently, his talent is being ceded a tremendous amount of power. There aren't many high school kids with the maturity to handle it wisely.

247 reporting he flipped to UoSC
iu