Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Spurrier Retires

BigSpur

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
When Spurrier retires, do you think anyone on the current staff will be considered for the HC job?

Too early to say.

I really think that if Ward keeps on putting out good defenses, someone major is going to hire him.

Maybe as early as next year. If not then, I kind of expect someone to do it the year after.

Not sure about Elliott. He isn't a true coordinator, and I think that while a lot of teams would like to hire him as an offensive line coach, he won't get offers as a head guy without that ticket punched on the resume.

I know Stockstilll got hired, but with Spurrier calling the plays it makes it a lot harder for a head coach to come from our offensive staff.

So I'll just speculate and say that our next head coach is not on the staff right now. As long as Spurrier is winning and having fun, I think he'll stay around for a few years.

While I am pulling for Nosovitch to win the second string job at qb for a couple of reasons, I halfway expect Spurrier to keep on coaching until Mitch is a senior (his promise to Mitch). That would be four years.

Only thing to my mind that precludes that is another bad mojo happening on the team, like the year of that North Carolina game. Even though we won, that game was the start of a sad slide.

Good thoughts Feathered.

It would be interesting to see if Spurrier Jr. got a shot at the HC position.  Logically, you would expect him to be OC by that time.

If not anyone on the current staff, then I say go get Mark D'Antonio and bring him back to his alma mater.  He's a proven winner.