Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which group needs to step up the most?

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
I think the 3 groups we really need to step up this year are the linebackers, the wide receivers, and the running backs.

Linebackers: We all know we don't have anyone with experience here. It will be interesting to watch this group. I hope they are fast learners, and become a strength for the team as the season progresses.

Wide receivers: Other that Ellington, we don't have anyone who really produced last year. Multiple guys are going to need to have big years to make up for Ace being gone.

Running backs: We have two (what I believe to be) fantastic running backs in Davis and Wilds. But it's definitely a position I feel needs to step up. Davis only ran for 275 yards last year in (very) limited playing time, and Wilds hasn't played in a year.

Personally, I think the linebackers are the most important group. If we get good play out of them, I think we are in the SECCG. If they play poorly, it could cost us a couple of games.

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator: