Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the National Champion if there is no NCAA Tournament?

USCMM

Fanatics Cash
So...let's say the NCAA tournament is cancelled. How would a champion be awarded? I have a feeling they would default to the #1 team in the polls. Thoughts?

My guess is that there wouldn't be an official one awarded, which is really a shame for this year's team.  We'll be losing two starters next year.

Is this the Gamecock curse?  The first time that we have the hands down best team in the country, they decide to cancel the tournament.  in past years, the national champion in football was decided by the polls., why not decide the basketball champions the same way this year?  I doubt if they do determine the champion this way,but I think that our girls deserve to be named National Champions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling we will be referred to as the winners by all the sport pundits but it won't be recorded in the record books.

The whole country is in panic mode right now.

Let it blow over and see what happens.
The ESPN app used the word "cancelled" which makes it seems very final to my ears. But I guess they could go back and revisit it if conditions change.

who cares? It is only a concern because SC could have won it. 

Ask Dawn Staley and I bet that is not on her mind. 

Last edited by a moderator: