Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winning the SEC East is a possibility

ShepCock

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
I know it sounds crazy, and maybe sounds more like fan hype than reality, but consider if the following happens:

1. South Carolina beats Florida at home, and also wins against Vanderbilt, at Tennessee and at Texas A&M to finish 6-2.

2. After losing to the Gamecocks, Florida beats Georgia and everyone else on their SEC schedule to finish 6-2.

3. Georgia rebounds after the Florida loss to beat everyone else on their SEC schedule (including Auburn) and go 6-2.

4. Missouri beats everyone else on their SEC slate except Georgia and Florida to finish 6-2.

You would have a 4-way tie for the East, and procedure dictates that you calculate your records against the other 3 teams.

Florida would be 2-1 against SC, GA and MO

South Carolina would be 2-1 against FL, GA and MO

Missouri would be 1-2, and Georgia would be 1-2

Which means you would compare SC and FL, and since SC beat FL the Gamecocks would go to Atlanta.

All 4 schools would get an SEC East co-champion banner though.

iu

Last edited by a moderator:
If we beat Florida then suddenly we are right back in the hunt for sure.  I don’t think any of those scenarios mentioned above are out of the question and probably even likely.  

But let’s just beat Florida before we get too far ahead of ourselves.  This is a HUGE game now.  Biggest of Champs tenure here. 

Yep - just beat Florida, and take it from there. Either way, I like how the defense has made strides forward over the past 2 games - something I was expecting at the least, with a Will Muschamp coached team. Still got to get that good balance on both sides of the ball, with both offense and defense, to even talk about contending for titles. The offense has been decent in the face of injury attrition - the defense has been lagging behind, but it seems to be improving now. Just hope our offense doesn't crumble now with all the QB injuries......

Yes, we have to beat Florida. Missou is not eligible this year. So if we beat Florida and win out, we go to the SECCG regardless of them also being 6-2 because we actually beat both of them. We get another shot at Bama. I would love that with our new D. No more screwing around in the secondary like before. We already know we can stop their run. And I think Ryan can eat them up again.

Big dreams, Garnet glasses. Insanity. I had all of that when I said we would beat Georgia so I am going to hang on to it just a little longer. ESPN blessed me again. Being I work nights and have to go in at 6pm Saturday, I get to watch the whole game at my camper again like this past game. Would rather be there at Willy B but I gotta make a living too. And being I am working out of town, I use all my vacation with my wife who don't do football.

Interesting! I work out of town and live in my camper. Saturday was the first one I didn't drive home because I had to work that night. I watched my 1st ever game in my camper and we know the rest of the story. If we win this Saturday while I am in my camper, I might become superstitious and always watch the game in my camper. 1st game on my portable satellite too. DO I need to wear the same clothes????

Yes, we have to beat Florida. Missou is not eligible this year. So if we beat Florida and win out, we go to the SECCG regardless of them also being 6-2 because we actually beat both of them. We get another shot at Bama. I would love that with our new D. No more screwing around in the secondary like before. We already know we can stop their run. And I think Ryan can eat them up again.

Big dreams, Garnet glasses. Insanity. I had all of that when I said we would beat Georgia so I am going to hang on to it just a little longer. ESPN blessed me again. Being I work nights and have to go in at 6pm Saturday, I get to watch the whole game at my camper again like this past game. Would rather be there at Willy B but I gotta make a living too. And being I am working out of town, I use all my vacation with my wife who don't do football.

Interesting! I work out of town and live in my camper. Saturday was the first one I didn't drive home because I had to work that night. I watched my 1st ever game in my camper and we know the rest of the story. If we win this Saturday while I am in my camper, I might become superstitious and always watch the game in my camper. 1st game on my portable satellite too. DO I need to wear the same clothes????
You have to watch every game in the camper now.

It’s possible yes, probable not so much. 

but it starts with the next game and winning it

I doubt it happens, but I imagine there would be some serious grumblings if it did happen.

I know it sounds crazy, and maybe sounds more like fan hype than reality, but consider if the following happens:

1. South Carolina beats Florida at home, and also wins against Vanderbilt, at Tennessee and at Texas A&M to finish 6-2.

2. After losing to the Gamecocks, Florida beats Georgia and everyone else on their SEC schedule to finish 6-2.

3. Georgia rebounds after the Florida loss to beat everyone else on their SEC schedule (including Auburn) and go 6-2.

4. Missouri beats everyone else on their SEC slate except Georgia and Florida to finish 6-2.

You would have a 4-way tie for the East, and procedure dictates that you calculate your records against the other 3 teams.

Florida would be 2-1 against SC, GA and MO

South Carolina would be 2-1 against FL, GA and MO

Missouri would be 1-2, and Georgia would be 1-2

Which means you would compare SC and FL, and since SC beat FL the Gamecocks would go to Atlanta.

All 4 schools would get an SEC East co-champion banner though.

My brain just told me I am not good at this, pick another profession