Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Women Soccer Advances to NCAA Sweet Sixteen

ConwayGamecock

Administrator
Fanatics Cash
South Carolina's 13th ranked Women's Soccer team is capitalizing on it's SECT Championship by advancing to it's 3rd NCAAT Sweet Sixteen in 4 years. The Gamecocks jumped out to a 3-0 lead over Harvard in the 1st half, and hung on to win 3-2. The 3rd Seeded Gamecocks await the winner between 2 Seed Duke and 7 Seed Texas: they are underway now and are scoreless at the half of their match. The Round of 16 will take place on November 20th at 6 pm. South Carolina beat Wake Forest 2-0 in the 1st Round to advance to their match with Harvard.....

Fh4ZpVxVQAAQOTq

Last edited:
The Gamecocks will face off against Duke - they beat Texas 1-0, with a goal just under the 88 minute mark of the match. They were about 2 minutes shy of the end of regulation, and going to penalty kicks to break the tie. If Duke had so much trouble with their offense, perhaps that's a good omen for our defensive-minded team for our next match with them....

We were up 3-0 until about 10 minutes left in the match...and had to struggle to hang on for the win. Hopefully we flush the final ten minutes and play strong against Duke. I'd love to knock off another ACC school from the Tournament.

I generally don't care about soccer but having watched a few games this past year you realize just how hard it is to score.

More people would watch soccer if the broadcasters would take a page out of NASCAR's book and explain the rules when there's a penalty or something like is done with football.

Like what the position names are and such for those who don't know. I am talking mainly about the European matches and such.