Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WOW! We are getting Old!

SwampFox

SwampFox
Fanatics Cash
174518272_1615592245293120_3908171362955359588_n.jpg

Similarly....

The release of Nirvana's 'Nevermind' album is closer in years to the Beatles Ed Sullivan show appearance, than to 2021.  

iu

iu

Interesting stats there.  At 52, I don't feel that old, but when I look at some of these fun facts, I am like holy crap!

As a huge fan of late 80s/early 90s grunge, the Nirvana one definitely makes me feel old.

Also, the ring bearer at my wedding is just finishing his first year of college.

Interesting stats there.  At 52, I don't feel that old, but when I look at some of these fun facts, I am like holy crap!
We are the same age, and like you I don’t feel that old. What gets me is when I think about high school. I graduated in 1986, and to me it seems not that long ago, but that is now 35 years ago. It’s also weird to think that my wife and I are coming up on our 30th anniversary, so I have been married for most of my life. 

Cockyandproud,

It's funny how sometimes HS seems like such a long time ago and other times, not.  This year will be my 22nd wedding anniversary.  I graduated HS in 1987 and U. of South Carolina in 1991.  Now I am looking at retirement.  I am on track to retire in 3-5 years and I cannot wait for that. 

My senior class now has printed out a death list so we can keep up with who is still around. Hillcrest High School Simpsonville, S C Class of 1965. Yes I get it we are old! The problem is none of us feel old. We are all tech savvy and use all the modern day stuff. We still meet once a month for lunch for those alive and can drive to Simpsonville by Noon.

We did have high tech stuff and hot cars. 383 Golden Commando  4bbl 4 speed Hurst shifter, bench seats for hugging your date and yes fender skirts

s-l300.jpg

10371862-1965-plymouth-sport-fury-std-c.jpg