Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yippie, it's the first day of winter!

Blitzkrieg

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
Winter has to start before it can end. We can now begin the countdown to Spring and baseball!

So true. January and February are my doldrums, and March begins the slow optimism and movement forward. I'm not one of those "I love winter" folks. At all.

I love winter. Nice break from all the heat and humidity and sweating when you walk form the car to the house. 

So true. January and February are my doldrums, and March begins the slow optimism and movement forward. I'm not one of those "I love winter" folks. At all.
Yep, if it's below 70 it's too cold.

Yep, if it's below 70 it's too cold.
If it's above 70. it's too warm. Unless I am at the beach or the pool, give me under 70 any day. 

Yeah our summers are a little different, lol - so are our winters.
Yeah - I have lived in places with cold, snowy winters. Buffalo and Vermont. 

I love every time we get snow here in Raleigh, though with climate change, it's getting more infrequent. 

If it's above 70. it's too warm. Unless I am at the beach or the pool, give me under 70 any day. 

Yeah - I have lived in places with cold, snowy winters. Buffalo and Vermont. 

I love every time we get snow here in Raleigh, though with climate change, it's getting more infrequent. 
I getcha. I lived in Maine, grew up in NYC and outside Philly ... I don't mind the cold as much as the Pac NW's unremitting *GRAY* from about Halloween through St. Patty's Day.

I like the first day of winter because it marks the shortest day of the year and we can start to gain some of that afternoon sunlight back.  I hate when we roll the clocks back and it starts getting dark even earlier.  As far as the cold.  I live in Charleston so we only really have a cold day here and there and I am alright with that.  The past couple of years we've actually had a really nice spring without it being 95 in May hope that trend continues this year.  

I getcha. I lived in Maine, grew up in NYC and outside Philly ... I don't mind the cold as much as the Pac NW's unremitting *GRAY* from about Halloween through St. Patty's Day.
Ugh...that was the downside of being stationed in Germany in the winter.  Day after dreary day of gray overcast clouds with the temperature often in the range of a low of 24 - 26 with a high of 28 - 30.