Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else have something on the smoker today

Spur's Addiction

Who is Sergio?
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Got up early to fire up the smoker. Have a 6 lbs Boston Butt. Dry rubbed it yesterday, and the smoker after 6 this morning. Will be delicious BBQ in about 8 more hrs.
D802B661-AC31-4886-8731-9421BFC40845.jpeg20ED5620-F3C2-4179-9A6A-E791B728BB8D.jpeg

Anyone else have the smoker going? Anything else you plan to grill / cook today?

Happy 4th!

Last edited:
Looks awesome!

We opted for the easy way out this year. Picked up 2 pounds of Q from Piggie Park along with a pint of hash. Menu consisted of BBQ, hash and rice, baked beans, corn on the cob, potato salad, brown rice, rolls and strawberry short cake for desert.

I made hamburgers on my George Foreman grill.

I almost started to chop up the meat for chili, but then I remembered I didn't have any chili sauce, so I just went with burgers instead.

Those GF grills are awesome. If you get the right kind of thick-cut old skool fries to pop in the oven, it's better than any fast-food burger.

I'll tell ya...now that it stopped raining for a bit (fingers crossed), I'll be making some shotgun shells and brats this weekend!

I might try the Spambalaya thing that somebody used to have on CT this weekend to see if it's good for gameday.

I also have a hankerin' for some chicken bog, too, but I don't know to make it on my own.

Make my own.

Don't remember the ratios off the top of my head - but basically
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Cumin
Black Pepper
Paprika
Not sure what area you are from, but Food Lion has Boston Butts on sale for $0.99/lb now.

I think this recipe works pretty well...you can play around with some of the ingredients or quantities: https://southernbite.com/chickenbog/

My recipe is similar, except I don't do celery in it. I love celery, but I don't think it works with chicken bog. I also like to use andouille instead of regular smoked sausage. Either way, chicken bog is a pretty forgiving recipe.

We smoked hamburgers this past weekend, and then used some to make hamburger steaks that we served with Jasmine rice and a mushroom, garlic, and onion gravy.