Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blackstone Griddle

Cockyandproud

Eternal Gamecock Optimist
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
I bought a Blackstone a few weeks ago, and have been having fun with it. Anyone have any recipes or things I need to cook on it?

Got my BIL a 17" tabletop one for Christmas.

Made sure I got two cans of seasoning and told him how to season it.

It seemed like 4 times was the charm for most folks on YT to get it good enough and let the other oils do the rest as they are burned in.

my favorite thing on the blackstone is zucchini, onions, squash, and mushrooms...I can't remember the last time I used my grill since getting a blackstone last summer...breakfast is great too! We gave my wife's father one for christmas and he loves it too!

We bought a new range for our new house, has a 12” infrared griddle built in, I’m curious to see how it works if it’s like a black stone. Not sure how hot the black stone gets so will be an interesting comparison. Unfortunately there’s an 8-10 month wait list on my appliance.

We bought a new range for our new house, has a 12” infrared griddle built in, I’m curious to see how it works if it’s like a black stone. Not sure how hot the black stone gets so will be an interesting comparison. Unfortunately there’s an 8-10 month wait list on my appliance.
Yeah, one of things I noticed when we moved this past summer, was that seller's were taking a lot of their appliances with them because of existing inventory shortages in the houses they were buying. Very strange.

Yeah, one of things I noticed when we moved this past summer, was that seller's were taking a lot of their appliances with them because of existing inventory shortages in the houses they were buying. Very strange.
Yeah, we looked at some higher end brands so I can’t speak to the Lowe’s, HD etc lead times. Of the brands we considered the lead times were anywhere from available today to 8 weeks, 8-10 months, and 10 months to a year. The house is going to be finished before the appliances come in so I guess we’re going to use our current appliances to pass the final inspection( VA requirement) Weird problem to have, but certainly a first world problem.

Yeah, we looked at some higher end brands so I can’t speak to the Lowe’s, HD etc lead times. Of the brands we considered the lead times were anywhere from available today to 8 weeks, 8-10 months, and 10 months to a year. The house is going to be finished before the appliances come in so I guess we’re going to use our current appliances to pass the final inspection( VA requirement) Weird problem to have, but certainly a first world problem.
what brand did you get? We bought a dual fuel Jenn Air with a griddle on the top with 4 burners and it tooks us over 4 months to get it...this was back in 2019. We have enjoyed the range/oven with gas on top and electric oven...we bought ours through Ferguson

We also bought the Jenn Air fridge and that is a different story lol

what brand did you get? We bought a dual fuel Jenn Air with a griddle on the top with 4 burners and it tooks us over 4 months to get it...this was back in 2019. We have enjoyed the range/oven with gas on top and electric oven...we bought ours through Ferguson

We also bought the Jenn Air fridge and that is a different story lol
We went with Wolf, 36” dual fuel 4 burner and infrared griddle. Went with Bosch for the refrigerator (Sub Zero was a bit out of our price range and honestly we didn’t like it as much as the Bosh)

We found a little mom and pop shop in Spartanburg, spoke with the owner (3rd generation) for a few hours and he was incredibly helpful, we looked at Wolf, Thermadore, BlueStar, Monogram, and Bosch ( plus a few others).

^^ Bob Burnett's? Used them years ago when we built our house. Great folks to deal with and very helpful.
That would be correct! They were so helpful, gave great advice and were knowledgeable about all the brands as well as the service aspect. He knew the service techs by name and their turnaround times. He also was great about not pushing a particular product or trying to upsell anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: STS
The person who bought my late mom's house a few years ago planned on changing the traditional white appliances to stainless.

Although grays are the fad in the current fixer-upper shows, I noticed properties with those colors were the ones that stayed on the market fairly long.

We went with a light off-white cream in the bedrooms and had an offer in less than two months. The properties that had a different color in every room also tended to stay on the market longer, too.

That would be correct! They were so helpful, gave great advice and were knowledgeable about all the brands as well as the service aspect. He knew the service techs by name and their turnaround times. He also was great about not pushing a particular product or trying to upsell anything.
that awesome! it looks like we were looking in the same price categories...one thing I normally never buy is extended warranties but we did for the appliances (thank goodness) Is Thermador the high end brand of bosch? Our last dishwasher was bosch and it was still going strong so we kept it over in the corner to now have two dishwashers...I never knew that you could spend more on appliances than on a vehicle! Our salesperson sounds just like yours...we looked at Subzero (couldn't afford), Thermador, Wolf, GE Monogram, some type of Kitchen Aid and Jenn Air...we went Jenn Air and based on the Fridge not sure it was the best idea but we needed counter depth

I have always been one of those folks that would rather pay a little extra to a small business if they knew what they were doing rather than take the info they gave me and then screw them over by buying from a big box store.

What I have also learned to do, however, is to pay attention to the online reviews on the big box sites. Online reviews are pretty standard on web sites now. Usually you can wade through enough of the reviews to make the right purchasing decisions.

Great reviews on the Blackstone items and enough people mentioned the importance using their seasoning stuff that I felt good about buying it and then could explain it to my BIL so he knew what to do.