Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bourbon

The OF 1910 is the same mash bill as 1920, but lower proof and double barreled, similar to WR Double Oak. I know you said you liked the 1920, so that along with liking a double oaked bourbon leads me to believe you'll like the 1910. I liked both and would happily drink either of them, but if I had to choose one, I'd go with the 1920.
Yeah, on paper the 1910 sounds like it would be right up my ally. I have heard that it can be a little bitter because of the super char they put on the barrel but I am a big OF fan...especially the 1920...and will absolutely give it a go the next time I find a bottle. 

Again, I just recently got on the Cooper's Craft Barrel Reserve and really like it...Brown-Forman...but the WR Double Oaked is yummy!

Totally agree about woodford DO is way better than the standard bourbon, 

if you want to go to a beautiful distillery go to Woodford.in the middle of horse farms. Crazy awesome. 

OF 1920 is on tonight's menu. Best part is the wife tried an old fashioned at a bourbon bar in greenville and has had no complaints about buying it ever since. 

As a side note there is a rum distillery here that makes a smoked rum that makes an incredible rum old fashioned.

I'm primarily a scotch drinker, but I do like the Jim Beam Devil's cut, as it taste like scotch.

OF 1920 is on tonight's menu. Best part is the wife tried an old fashioned at a bourbon bar in greenville and has had no complaints about buying it ever since. 

As a side note there is a rum distillery here that makes a smoked rum that makes an incredible rum old fashioned.
OF 1920 is one of the best kept secrets 

Totally agree about woodford DO is way better than the standard bourbon, 

if you want to go to a beautiful distillery go to Woodford.in the middle of horse farms. Crazy awesome. 
You are right about it being a beautiful distillery. It was definitely the prettiest of all the distilleries we toured.

What scotch you drinking? Are you a peat head?
Shieldag Highland. I love the smoke taste, as it mellows the scotch. I also like the fact it is less than half the price of Talisker.

Last edited by a moderator:
While it's not bourbon, I did stumble across this stuff today while purchasing my wife's Ole Smoky stuff:

431515.jpg

It's not bad. I'm not sure it'll be a regular purchase, but I could see going to it for a change of pace kind of thing.

I remember some rotgut bourbon we found in Houston Liquor stores called Cock in a Bottle. Being we were seniors about to graduate, we had to get some.

225436820.chicken.cock_.kentucky.straight.bourbon-152x320.png

I bought this a few weeks ago b/c I had to based on name...it turned out to be pretty good

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone see the Netflix show “Heist” new episodes called The Bourbon King. Two part documentary. Interesting to say the least.

Jeffersons is my favorite bourbon...the ocean is great...have you tried the cask strength ocean? When I make cocktails, I love the jefferson's reserve

Jeffersons is my favorite bourbon...the ocean is great...have you tried the cask strength ocean? When I make cocktails, I love the jefferson's reserve
I have not but it may be next. This one has to be in my top three. Just got some Glencairn glasses, which make me think I’m an intellectual.

I just picked this up. Found it in the bourbon aisle but it seems to have more of a scotch taste and feel. I'm still trying to figure this one out.