Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clemson OC move

Lateral move from a team that did better than Clemson this year. Kinda odd.

To quote Coach Prime, "Must be the money."

Just another tater coach. Is he a homerun hire? to some, he is a very good and proven OC. We'll see when we play them at home in 2023 and I think all things said I am not worried about what the taters do hire etc. In Gamecock news we are in on 2 really good Portal receivers and soon should hear news of a very good portal DE and in the hunt for a portal RB.

Just another tater coach. Is he a homerun hire? to some, he is a very good and proven OC. We'll see when we play them at home in 2023 and I think all things said I am not worried about what the taters do hire etc. In Gamecock news we are in on 2 really good Portal receivers and soon should hear news of a very good portal DE and in the hunt for a portal RB.
Better hire than an OC whose failed 3 times.

Good move by Dabo for sure. I did not see how after watching the play calling on offense this season that he would not be forced the make a move. The bowl game really highlighted how bad Streeter was. Worst calling I have seen in a long time. For those that will moan and groan about why we did not get Riley, like it or not Dabo has earned the cred as a head coach that would make someone like Riley make that jump. We have a new first time head coach and that is just the way it is. We don't know who all we may have made a run at, but I am ready to see what Loggains can do with the pieces we have returning. I think Beamer is doing a really good job so far.

good hire though TCU offense struggled when they came up against quality defenses that could not be outschemed...time will tell but looking at his resume he moves around quite a bit and if successful won't be at clemson very long as a coordinator

Better hire than an OC whose failed 3 times.
Says you and you will pull for him just so you can be right, we will see as things are not always as they seem... Wanna bet on who has a better offense next year 🤔, Riley is looking for a stepping stone and may not mesh with clemson/Dabo culture, I think/hope this hire blows up in Dabos face...
You will talk shit about the Ganecock hire and pull for the clemson OC, what does that sound like...

Says you and you will pull for him just so you can be right, we will see as things are not always as they seem... Wanna bet on who has a better offense next year 🤔, Riley is looking for a stepping stone and may not mesh with clemson/Dabo culture, I think/hope this hire blows up in Dabos face...
You will talk shit about the Ganecock hire and pull for the clemson OC, what does that sound like...
I simply said he has more pedigree and has shown success in the college game. Right now he is a measurably better hire.

That doesn’t mean I’m pulling for him or anything else, it’s simply stating facts. I don’t think he will stay at Clemson for more than a few years and have no idea how he and Dabo will mesh. I do think his scheme will fit their current roster well.

If given the choice between the two I would take Riley simply based on previous success.

good hire though TCU offense struggled when they came up against quality defenses that could not be outschemed...time will tell but looking at his resume he moves around quite a bit and if successful won't be at clemson very long as a coordinator
Lucky for Dabo, they play very few quality defenses in the ACC. His offense should torch most of the teams in the ACC and they will win another ACC championship or 2. Like you, I doubt he’ll stay for more than a few years before moving to a HC job.

This is a very solid hire for cu and dabo. Saying otherwise is ridiculous. If they can develop the QB he will have more talent there than at TCU to work with. Says a lot about them being able to pull a guy out of Texas that just coached in the national championship game.

TCU's path back to the CFPs after the blow-out loss to UGA might be difficult and you can say the same for Clemson now that Lawrence is gone and they haven't really had the edge since he left.

Lucky for Dabo, they play very few quality defenses in the ACC. His offense should torch most of the teams in the ACC and they will win another ACC championship or 2. Like you, I doubt he’ll stay for more than a few years before moving to a HC job.

Riley seems to be one of those turnaround guys that moves on after he turns a team around.

Nothing wrong with that, but I think he might have a tougher time attracting recruits than if he had stayed at TCU. I suppose it depends on the program.

I also think Wake and FSU will still be legit challengers in the ACC to Clemson going forward, especially FSU.

All FSU has to do is show a consistent flash of greatness for a season and they're going to start pulling in the great recruits again.

The players may be too young to remember the Bowden years, but their parents certainly remember FSU's glory days of dominating the ACC.

Any word on what Riley's salary will be? I bet it is a lot more than the SC BOT would have been willing to pay.

Regardless, Clemson will recruit way better than TCU ever could. Anc TCU will probably probably work the portal better than Clemson will. It will be interesting to see both team's trajectory over the next couple of years.

I simply said he has more pedigree and has shown success in the college game. Right now he is a measurably better hire.

That doesn’t mean I’m pulling for him or anything else, it’s simply stating facts. I don’t think he will stay at Clemson for more than a few years and have no idea how he and Dabo will mesh. I do think his scheme will fit their current roster well.

If given the choice between the two I would take Riley simply based on previous success.
I think his NFL time gives him some advantages for South Carolina and failure is the clouds of doubt turned inside out...

Riley has signed a three-year contract with the Tigers that will net him 1.75 million annually, agreed upon Friday. Clemson also gave Riley a $300,000 signing bonus upon joining the Tigers.

A lucrative deal for Riley, he is now the fifth-highest-paid assistant in the country, and the money doesn’t stop there. Riley has multiple incentives in his contract that could net him far more earnings depending on how each season turns out.