Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona virus, the non-asshole thread

That is a staggering amount.
It’s is, but people will be quick to point out that it was over 2+ years, there are other diseases that claim the lives of more people, and our population is so large it’s a small %. But it’s also the equivalent of wiping out the entire population of a city like Austin Texas or San Jose California, or more than the population of Charlotte NC

@STS

What's going on with the medical field in your state lol? First convicting a Nurse of criminal homicide, now this?

China is still talking about it, some folks in America would have been fine with treating unvaxxed like they are treating folks in Shanghai....

Last edited:
I am going to schedule my next booster in early May to get ahead of the anticipated case spike once the summer vacation season begins in early June.

@STS

What's going on with the medical field in your state lol? First convicting a Nurse of criminal homicide, now this?

Not only is that my state that hospital is in our metropolitan area….that dude is screwed and there is zero excuse…when we all heard about that when it happened it was one of those “you got to be f’ing kidding me moments”…I am not sure how they thought they could get away with it! That hospital is in our system and is a pretty large one

Not only is that my state that hospital is in our metropolitan area….that dude is screwed and there is zero excuse…when we all heard about that when it happened it was one of those “you got to be f’ing kidding me moments”…I am not sure how they thought they could get away with it! That hospital is in our system and is a pretty large one
Yeah, No idea why he thought that was a good idea. Does it look like the hospital is going to face any punishment or will they just "vandy" him and use him as the sacrifice to keep the rest of the systematic failures hidden?

Not only is that my state that hospital is in our metropolitan area….that dude is screwed and there is zero exc

Yeah, No idea why he thought that was a good idea. Does it look like the hospital is going to face any punishment or will they just "vandy" him and use him as the sacrifice to keep the rest of the systematic failures hidden?
I don't know how the hospital would be liable as they are only the "facility" unless they can get the CEO as an agent of the hospital (and I am unsure how that would go legally) but could be for sure...they immediately fired the executive and stripped all the privileges from the surgeon...I believe the surgeon lost his license to practice medicine (or at least had it suspended)...I am sure that there will be a large civil suit at which point maybe the hospital will be a defendant but my bet is that this will go against the two individuals involved. I am unsure how much civil liability is there since there were no "damages" per se but criminal is where these guys need to be made examples of and sent to prison. While I realize it was a horrible lapse in judgement and thankfuly no one was "hurt", this type of thing needs to be punished to the absolute extent of the law! It will be interesting to watch the civil case b/c I can't think of any defense to the criminal case

I believe it was the scrub nurse and the OR techs who turned in the CEO following the procedure and rightfully so

I don't know how the hospital would be liable as they are only the "facility" unless they can get the CEO as an agent of the hospital (and I am unsure how that would go legally) but could be for sure...they immediately fired the executive and stripped all the privileges from the surgeon...I believe the surgeon lost his license to practice medicine (or at least had it suspended)...I am sure that there will be a large civil suit at which point maybe the hospital will be a defendant but my bet is that this will go against the two individuals involved. I am unsure how much civil liability is there since there were no "damages" per se but criminal is where these guys need to be made examples of and sent to prison. While I realize it was a horrible lapse in judgement and thankfuly no one was "hurt", this type of thing needs to be punished to the absolute extent of the law! It will be interesting to watch the civil case b/c I can't think of any defense to the criminal case

I believe it was the scrub nurse and the OR techs who turned in the CEO following the procedure and rightfully so
Ok, so at least the surgeon is being punished as well. Yeah, Nurses in Tennessee are a bit salty at the moment, no way they would let that slide.

Chinese have been doing full scale lockdowns that are pretty severe. The are trying to contain the CV.
Seems at some point, they are going to have to achieve some kind of herd immunity via immunizations/infections.

My sister called me this morning to tell me she and her husband both have Covid.

He became symptomatic this past Saturday and then her a few days later. She sounded like she had a real bad cold and they are both okay for now.

I was up there two weeks ago for the holiday, but I feel fine.

I was planning on getting another booster shot this week, but something came up at work and I couldn't take time off, so I guess it will have to be next week.

I was planning on getting another booster shot this week, but something came up at work and I couldn't take time off, so I guess it will have to be next week.
Hopefully your family will have light symptoms and recover quickly.
I got 2nd booster yesterday around 4 pm. It had been 7 mos since I got the 1st one.
Arm is sore again & I feel a little crappy.
Hopefully puts me in good shape for summer travel....but the numbers are trending up. 😳

It’s is, but people will be quick to point out that it was over 2+ years, there are other diseases that claim the lives of more people, and our population is so large it’s a small %. But it’s also the equivalent of wiping out the entire population of a city like Austin Texas or San Jose California, or more than the population of Charlotte NC
Charlotte has over 2 million in the metro city limits