Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona virus, the non-asshole thread

We got the plague round two in the house. My wife and son have been having symptoms for a couple of days. tested today and my son tested positive, wife negative on the antigen home test. All going to get PCR tested tomorrow. 

We got the plague round two in the house. My wife and son have been having symptoms for a couple of days. tested today and my son tested positive, wife negative on the antigen home test. All going to get PCR tested tomorrow. 
Keep your heads down, and feel better soon.

well-damn-damn.gif

SA....how are you and the family doing?
Getting through it. Thanks for asking. My sons seems to be over the hump and feeling much better. My wife and daughter both have symptoms, but tested negative. They are not feeling great but nothing severe. Those N95 you sent when I had Covid are coming to good use now. 

"Three large new studies from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention highlight the importance of getting a booster shot to provide the best protection against the Omicron coronavirus variant.

This is the first real-life data to examine the effect of boosters against Omicron, which now accounts for more than 99% of coronavirus cases in the United States. The studies, released Friday, raise the question of whether people with just two vaccine doses should still be considered fully vaccinated.

"I think we have to redefine fully vaccinated as three doses," said Dr. William Schaffner, a longtime CDC vaccine adviser who was not involved with the studies."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/21/health/cdc-omicron-booster-studies/index.html

"I think we have to redefine fully vaccinated as three doses," said Dr. William Schaffner, a longtime CDC vaccine adviser who was not involved with the studies."
Yep....seems the immunity from the first 2 doses waned quite a bit after 6-7 mos. 

I see where Pfizer is applying (maybe today) for EUA for vaccine for under 5

After 2-3 weeks we (my family) seems to be finally clear of Omicron. My son started it a few weeks ago when he tested positive. My wife and daughter both got sick with the same symptoms but never actually tested positive. My daughter just started feeling better yesterday and is now back in school. She tested negative 4 times, but can't think of what else it could have been. Pediatrician seemed to think it was Covid.

I think we are at the point where we need to figure out how to live with this virus. Seems like it will be around for a lot longer than any of us thought or hoped for. My wife and I (as well as our adult kids) are vaxed and had the booster. We still wear a mask out and are cautious to protect ourselves the best we can.

I understand some being even more cautious and concerned and those that are just over it. 2 years is a long time. I am not advocating being reckless, but we do have to continue to live our lives and figure out how we deal with this virus going forward. Seems like we are starting that process thankfully.

Then there's this now:

"U.S. Army soldiers who refuse to be vaccinated for COVID-19 will soon be discharged, the military branch announced Wednesday.

The Army said it will "immediately begin separating Soldiers from the service" who refuse to be vaccinated or who don't have an approved or pending request for exemption.

"Army readiness depends on Soldiers who are prepared to train, deploy, fight and win our nation's wars," said Secretary of the Army Christine Wormuth. "Unvaccinated Soldiers present risk to the force and jeopardize readiness."

Soldiers who are discharged for refusing to be vaccinated "will not be eligible for involuntary separation pay" and may have to return any unearned special or incentive pay, the Army said."

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/02/1077625142/u-s-army-covid-vaccination

The DoD did something similar to this during the Desert Shield/Storm draw-down in the face of budget cuts. Back then, people with chronic weight issues were drummed out of the services.

Maybe something similar going on now in the wake of similar recent pull-outs overseas.

Too many of these instances....seems there are some reliability problems with those tests.
Normally loss of taste or smell are indicators of CV.
Yeah - I think in particular with Omicron. Hear reports that that is more in the throat vs. nose. So should be a throat swab, not a nasal swab... Not sure.

She did not loose taste or smell. But low grade fever and soar throat , general lack of energy.