Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we beat the 26-point spread against Bama?

Do we beat the 26-point spread against Bama?

• Yes

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
I think it will be @ 25-30 point loss so i'll say no. I think it will be @ 10 point game in the 3rd qtr and they will pull away with a few scores in the 4th 38-10. Too much depth and talent

I think it will be @ 25-30 point loss so i'll say no. I think it will be @ 10 point game in the 3rd qtr and they will pull away with a few scores in the 4th 38-10. Too much depth and talent
I voted yes, 25 or under. But I feel like 25 on the fence. 

I voted not Yes but Hell Yes.

I wish it was already Saturday.  We gotta be bounty-hunters if we got the team to do it.

Just get it on and roll the Tide on out of here like we did in 2010.

Then make a ready deck for Mizzou.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted not Yes but Hell Yes.

I wish it was already Saturday.  We gotta be bounty-hunters if we got the team to do it.

Just get it on and roll the Tide on out of here like we did in 2010.

Then make a ready deck for Mizzou.
Almost Got me feeling it!!  It's going to take everyone from top to bottom and in between. As fans let's do our part.. :game: :cocks:

Yes!  In 2010, I could feel a win.  I won a bet with a Bama friend of mine on that game.  I’m not feeling it like that now, but I think we will make it closer than others think we will, and with a little luck, may pull it out.  However, I wouldn’t bet anything significant.

I voted yes but this is a game that could get away from us really easily.  I hope we have a solid showing and give Bama more than they thought they would get from us.

Need to show a good fight in front of a lot of important recruits and the atmosphere needs to be on point at Willy B!

If Bentley were starting I would say yes but not optimistic with Hilinski making his first SEC start. Regardless of Bentley's consistency issues, he has experience playing (and at times has played very well) against top-shelf college defenses. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I read somewhere that Vegas misses the point spread either way by an average of 10 pts.  So on average we will either get beat by 36 or 16.  Haha. 

Seriously though I would be ok if it’s only 16. 

I am not sure. 26 points is a lot. In 2010 we only beat them by 14 so I can't say we will win by 26. I think we win by 7.

I haven’t seen it myself, but my wife made mention she read on SM earlier that Hirby said something along the lines of ‘This is not the same Carolina team with Hilinski and Bama fans are in for a big surprise. I may just pick Carolina to win it’.....anyone see this? Or is it my wife’s wishful thinking?

I can't force myself to vote because I have no freakin' clue. My heart says yes, but my brain reminds me I don't have a heart any more because it was ripped out and stomped on by the Gamecocks last season all the way through the UNC game.

But I hope we do more than beat the spread.

I'm kind of with you gAmkok.  I've got to go back to that magical three year span of 11 wins seasons to remember any confidence I had that our team could line up against any team in the country and go toe to toe.  Since then our teams simply haven't shown up for big games.  It hurts too much to get hyped for a game only to see us get our butts kicked.  So for the Bama game, I'm simply taking a prove it to me attitude.  Come out and compete, play like it means something to you.

Absolutely yes!

We're better than most think, and 26 points is too large of a margin. Say they beat us 49-24....well, we just covered the spread!