Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we beat the 26-point spread against Bama?

Do we beat the 26-point spread against Bama?

• Yes

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
I voted yes, but everything about this game is just a wait and see for me at this point. I will say this, playing at home will give us a much needed advantage no matter how big or small it is. 

Well it appears at least one ‘expert’ is saying the hell with the spread and is picking the Cocks to shock this weekend straight up....GO COCKS

CF88683C-F57E-4397-8FEA-A251E9C17539.jpeg

Hell Yes...the thing I like about this match up the most is that we have nothing to lose. That should let us play loose and take chances when they present themselves. Alabama on the otherhand has everything to lose, SEC championship and National championship contention and apparently their fans don't like hot weather.......

LETS SHOW THEM SOME CAROLINA  HEAT

I think the worst case is, if Bama is up enough early (28 points or so) they will yank the starters to give the twos and threes SEC road reps. If that happens, I think our starters stay in to also get reps, and if that’s the case, I think we can score some backdoor points and cover. Otherwise, I expect us to keep it inside that margin. 

Good friend of mine is a Bama grad and he doesn’t think there is any chance they cover -26. With how accurate he historically has been on Bama winning and covering, I am taking his prediction.

The Herbstreit quote was on a parody website. In real life, Herbie would not go against either of ESPN's sacred cows - Alabama or Clemson (by talking up the archrival of their Dabo-fueled mancrush team, which also happens to be the school that Herbie's sons attend).

I would rather have Herbie continue to pump up the Tide - it will make any resulting success that much sweeter. If Alabama's players come in over-confident, an upset is a real possibility. One negative is that Bama plays a really easy schedule until later in the year - they will not be beat up or looking ahead (to Southern Miss, Ole Miss and bye week) when they play us.
My bad. Goes to show just how much time I spend on social media.....or maybe how gullible I am, not sure which

Haha.  That’s kind of funny and for a second I was thinking how they (ESPN) was trying to make something out of a dud for their 3:30 spot.  

To me this game is like an exhibition game where USC is playing an NFL team just for fun.   You know they will lose but you are kind of curious to see how they match up.  

If Alabama is Alabama there is nothing in the world we can do.  All the talk about this or that needs to happen to win is silly.  The only hope we have is that Alabama isn’t Alabama, like it’s an off year for them (like 2010).  It’s still early in the season...maybe some of that Saban retirement talk catches up to them this year.  Maybe not, but that Clemson game makes me wonder.  Are they rising, falling, or sustaining.   

I told my Clemson co-worker and friend that they would win in a blowout, that we would lose, that we would cover the spread and that we would score in the 20s.

I was 4-for-4! :)   :1689481116_animated-smileys-sport-032(1)small: