Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting days down here in Hampton

Anyone watching the trial? Old Alex is a bad dude but I’m not 100% sure he’s guilty yet, although everything is pointing that way. Some of the expert witnesses have been pretty impressive.

If he did not pull the trigger he had someone do it. IMO. I cannot even imagine how someone could do this.

I think the emotions of losing a wife and child to a murder by a stranger would be the same as those if a husband and father willfully killed both and then instantly regretted it and felt the same emotional loss.

AM's behavior in the squad car interview footage makes me think he was under the influence of something at the time, if you compare that to his calm lawyerly demeanor in a court of law where he is used to working.

There are stressors in any marriage. As bad as him allegedly killing both his wife and son is, intentionally defrauding his other innocent victims seems a lot worse to me for some reason.

A sole proprietor/business partner can take whatever income he needs most of the time, but stealing from trust accounts and other similar types happens more than people think. The perps usually skim from multiple accounts a little at a time so it's not noticeable.

Embezzlers take advantage of the fact that most businesses don't want to be associated with scandal, which is why most crimes like that don't make the news that much. They are found out about because of audits, but you just don't read about it that much.

There is a special kind of hell reserved for people that steal from the trust accounts of children and other survivors.

Last edited:
Even if AM avoids conviction for the murders, the embezzlement stuff is out there and the paper trail is unavoidable.

Alex Murdaugh took the stand to testify in his double murder trial Thursday morning, admitting he lied to investigators when he said he was not at the scene of the killings of his wife and son minutes before the state says the fatal shootings took place in June 2021.

Almost immediately, Murdaugh acknowledged his voice is heard in a video that appeared to be filmed at the dog kennels where the bodies of Margaret “Maggie” Murdaugh and Paul Murdaugh were found, saying he lied about being at the kennels earlier that evening because of “paranoid thinking” stemming from his drug addiction.

I didn't really watch the trial that much, but I don't think it was just him that did the shooting because he would have been covered in blood and splatter fragments.

Did they ever find any clothing covered with a significant amount of blood?

The other thing is the families of his law partners, who he stole a lot of money from, were on his property very soon after the shootings.

I tend to agree with one of the experts that testified that more than one person was involved.

I wonder if we will learn more when he is tried for the financial crimes?

And the victims were killed with different weapons...that just seems unlikely if there was only one shooter.

I heard one person I talked with made the hypothesis that maybe it was done intentionally to point to multiple shooters, but I don't think that point was made in court.

I am going to with Alex on the murder of Stephen Smith as well. Too odd that the uncle showed up at the crime scene and then called the family wanting to represent them. I think Alex did want the scandal with his son. Just my theory for now.