Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OC choices

At a certain point, we have to trust Shane. He has a lot riding on this hire and knows what the team needs. I've heard the pros and cons on this guy. If it's him, let's go. I'm not in to giving anyone the farm, again, like we did with Muschamp. I've thought some of the names thrown out were unrealistic. Let's just go win a bowl game!

It's not over until footballscoop.com sings, and they haven't released anything. I don't listen to click-bate journalist.
Something going on you are right. Just so silent with the main Journalist outlets. Found something out but just do not know where it leads. If this was a smoke screen Beamer should get an award. See where it all leads soon.

Tanner could learn a lot from Beamer about keeping your cards close to the chest. The botched search that led to Muchamp's hiring is prime example. Announcing who you plan on going after alerts other schools who might be looking; Herman and UT, Smart and UGA.

We're not at the top, but Beamer took us in our first year after a 2-8 seasons to 7 wins, and in his second year did some that has never happened in the polling era; back-to-back wins against top ten teams.

Is he perfect? No. but he seems to be making the right choices going forward and continues to learn. As long as the next year is better than the previous, I'm still on board.

I have been on board for our program for 70 years now... About this board is small compared to the likes of 247, ON3, and Rivals. I like it this way. I am not money-driven out for money, as they say, everything comes out of my pocket plus a few of my staff have given me their free time in helping with the software and even given me money on certain projects. but still, I myself use 96% of my money and Have never spent a dime of any of the funds that were donated for myself only for upgrading the site. it is sad and funny at the same time to see those boards go to melt down with crazy posters going wacko. They can be rude to each other and lack respect for the older ones. Just mainly on one board transfer from another and now is with this one. to going to say any names. I imagine other college boards are like that as well. Seem to be a lot better and a lot less attacking here. Less I said but not none.

Last edited:
Loggains stock is dropping. Rattler feels safe to say he is leaning toward staying. Positive sign he is here to play in the Gator Bowl

From all I've read about Beamer he is very detail oriented. He's going to make sure to dot every I and cross every T. I think the rumors get started because he's going to talk to a lot of coaches, some that might be out of the box. I'm pretty sure he won't make a decision until after the bowl game. Whoever calls the game, if they knock it out of the park, they have a chance to be the guy next year.

From all I've read about Beamer he is very detail oriented. He's going to make sure to dot every I and cross every T. I think the rumors get started because he's going to talk to a lot of coaches, some that might be out of the box. I'm pretty sure he won't make a decision until after the bowl game. Whoever calls the game, if they knock it out of the park, they have a chance to be the guy next year.

Right. Shane has also learned how to manage an OC in his first two years as a fledgling head coach. The facts of the last two games speak for themselves.

He figured out a way to get Satt to narrow his focus enough to be successful and that's something Satt can put in his bag of tricks at Nebraska if he chooses to do so.

That also means Shane is going to lay out what he wants in an OC with confidence to any prospective candidate.

I will also add that the SEC is the toughest conference in the country and Satt also had much better talent here than he had at Temple with Rhule. It's easy to see how the combination of being an OC in the SEC plus the talent we have would create a situation where any OC would try to do too much.

I think Satt will do fine at Nebraska with a head coach in Rhule that he knows and works well with and Shane will be confident managing our next OC, whoever that ends up being.

The players also know they can compete at the highest level and be successful. Looking forward to the bowl game.

No way, one game can't make a coach... I think you could be right

I have been on board for our program for 70 years now... About this board is small compared to the likes of 247, ON3, and Rivals. I like it this way. I am not money-driven out for money, as they say, everything comes out of my pocket plus a few of my staff have given me their free time in helping with the software and even given me money on certain projects. but still, I myself use 96% of my money and Have never spent a dime of any of the funds that were donated for myself only for upgrading the site. it is sad and funny at the same time to see those boards go to melt down with crazy posters going wacko. They can be rude to each other and lack respect for the older ones. Just mainly on one board transfer from another and now is with this one. to going to say any names. I imagine other college boards are like that as well. Seem to be a lot better and a lot less attacking here. Less I said but not none.
Thanks for what you do!

Maybe it's me but it seems like other programs on par with us, below us and historically above us, all make quicker hires. I'm all for making the right move but I don't feel we will be wowed by whatever hire or promotion is made. We'll have to wait and see. Of course, my impatience is mostly making me feel this way. Trust in Beamer I suppose, find joy! Lol.

Go Gamecocks!

Keep an eye on Mike Shanahan

1670628854516.png

2021 season (FCS)

Scoring offense: 38.3 ppg (5th of 123 teams)
Total offense: 435.4 ypg (17th)
Passing offense: 276.3 ypg (17th)
Rushing offense: 159.1 ypg (42nd)
First downs: 21.8 pg (5th)
Red Zone offense 88.5% (14th)
Turnovers lost: 12 in 14 games (14th overall, but led the country in TO per game)

2022 (FBS)

Scoring offense: 37 ppg (14th of 131 teams)
Total offense: 452.5 ypg (28th)
Passing offense: 265.8 ypg (33rd)
Rushing offense: 186.7 ypg (39th)
First downs: 22.6 pg
Red Zone offense 83.9% (68th)
Turnovers lost: 20 in 11 games

Very balanced run vs pass. Efficient in the red zone. JMU punched above their weight class as this was their first year in FCS. Only 12 TOs in 14 games is extremely impressive.