Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OC choices

If he can pull Shanahan away from Jimbo, Beamer is the man... I would like to say Zack Kittley would be a good fit if Shanahan is not the guy

Last edited:
OK back here again........................

Shane Beamer is moving closer to hiring a new offensive coordinator for his South Carolina Gamecocks football program.

Dowell Loggains, currently an assistant at Arkansas, is the strong leading candidate to join Beamer’s staff in the OC role, GamecockCentral.com has learned. A deal with Loggains had not been officially finalized as of Sunday morning.

A University of South Carolina Board of Trustees meeting is on the docket for Tuesday, December 13, and was previously scheduled to deal with non-athletics matters. That meeting, however, would give the Board an opportunity to formally approve a contract for Loggains.

Loggains would join South Carolina after a two-year stint at his alma mater at Arkansas, where he served as tight ends coach.

FULL STORY GCC

This hire will determine Shane's success or failure here as a head coach.

Hard to believe this is the best we can do after beating two ranked CFP-level teams if it's true and supposedly having a lot of successful coaches beating down our door.

The Hogs finished 6-6 this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Sam Pittman promotes DL to OC after it's all said and done.

This hire will determine Shane's success or failure here as a head coach.

Hard to believe this is the best we can do after beating two ranked CFP-level teams if it's true and supposedly having a lot of successful coaches beating down our door.

The Hogs finished 6-6 this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Sam Pittman promotes DL to OC after it's all said and done.
This is what Coach Beamers want and seems he will go after someone he knows and wants to stick with the pro offense but intergrade it with Spread etc. But anyhow he will get lots of anger from fans respectfully on one board that really showed a lot of hate towards Loggains which got really ugly. I preferred OC that had experience and was more successful. But Beamer has the right to hire anyone he feels will help the offense to be successful. His job is on the line, Just hope turns out to be a good hire here. But if Loggains offense parallels to Sats, he and Beaner will get plenty of backlash for sure.

This is what Coach Beamers want and seems he will go after someone he knows and wants to stick with the pro offense but intergrade it with Spread etc. But anyhow he will get lots of anger from fans respectfully on one board that really showed a lot of hate towards Loggains which got really ugly. I preferred OC that had experience and was more successful. But Beamer has the right to hire anyone he feels will help the offense to be successful. His job is on the line, Just hope turns out to be a good hire here. But if Loggains offense parallels to Sats, he and Beaner will get plenty of backlash for sure.
If this is true it's a very underwhelming hire. He may turn out to be great but it's very disappointing. I just don't get it.

If this is true it's a very underwhelming hire. He may turn out to be great but it's very disappointing. I just don't get it.
What is not too understand, we are not opening the bank account and we roasted roasted the last guy and his family after 2 years... The sheer ignorance and entitlement of some will ruin it for many!

Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
and you never can tell how close you are,
it may be near when it seems afar,
So stick to the fight when your hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit!

Who?

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. Bit it’s a bit of a head scratcher for sure.
Head scratcher for sure, he was an absolute failure as OC in his time in the NFL.

His resume:

2016 Bears OC: 17ppg (28th/32)
2017 Bears OC: 16.5ppg (29th/32)
2018 Dolphins OC: 19.9ppg (26th/32)
2019 Jets OC: 17.2ppg (31st/32)
2020 Jets OC: 15.2ppg (32nd/32)
2021: ARK TE Coach

If the phones were ringing off the hook and this is what we get, someone needs to explain.

Last edited:
Puzzling. Didn't Beamer comment once that other coaches were calling him wanting to be here? I'm not sure this excites recruiting and those in the portal to want to be here and part of that Offense. Maybe it pans out. For those saying the fans ran off Satt, that's ridiculous. His performance and coaching style did if anything. His HC did. He might want to get out of college coaching if he's that fragile and Nebraska certainly won't be the place for him.

Is there any way this could be a smoke screen/misdirection at this late in the game? (No pun intended.) I am also in the "give him the benefit of the doubt" camp. There may be things that CSB is aware of that we are not. I mean, just look at what he has accomplished in two years here. IIRC, not many people were thrilled at his initial hiring, either.

Puzzling. Didn't Beamer comment once that other coaches were calling him wanting to be here? I'm not sure this excites recruiting and those in the portal to want to be here and part of that Offense. Maybe it pans out. For those saying the fans ran off Satt, that's ridiculous. His performance and coaching style did if anything. His HC did. He might want to get out of college coaching if he's that fragile and Nebraska certainly won't be the place for him.
Yeah he is fragile, we had fans intimidate his wife and kids!! You wonder why Bobo bounced and now the new guy without even being hired is being hammered, that will lead to winning 🙄 you can't tell a tater from a Gamecock!!! BRILLIANT!! A genius fan that help start fire Satterfield stated he would rather have Bentley, who was booed off the field and his father run off, as the OC rather than Loggains. Nothing official has been announced and once again not having faith in Beamer when in his 2 years here he has given us no reason not to, none, nada! The Ole saying is you are either with us or against us... Once again those seeds of doubt, that cancer that has plaqued this University since losing to Navy in 84 has frustrated fans led by the top blowing shit up and hoping it is greener on the other side! It started in October, mid season of an 8-4 campaign that they said would be 6-6 and now lead the charge of negative Nancy's bad mouthing everything, good luck with that. We have our best seasons when we are one, when no matter how bad things get, 0-11 we still have the teams back because we are all Gamecocks! It took Lou Holtz and Steve Spurrier to shut idiots up for just long enough... I'm not blaming fans for dropping passes or missing tackles anymore than idiot fans blame coaches, it is a cycle of defeat that you have to let go! Constructive criticism is one thing but acting like you sit in the film room, coaches meetings, and practices is over the top. Calling for a coaches head mid season after winning 4 straight games is just STUPID! It amazes me that folks think these kids and coaches do not want to win, do not practice hard and really think it's as easy as attitude or effort...

I've been reading about Loggains, from what i have read he like to have a mobile QB and spread the ball.. if that's true, i think he will be good to go.
and he can recruit. Gamecock Nation we all need to get behind the hire and get the best young men out there to come the Gamecock way.

Boards have always had an ugly side, but, this anger towards this possible hire is ridiculous, as was the hating on Satterfield. I don't get how armchair quarterbacks think they know more than a coach about who to hire.