Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players leaving

Garnetandglad

Fanatics Cash
So, what do y'all think about players leaving via tge portal. Are thrse Muschamp's players that really aren't that good? Most recent names I've seen haven't played much.
I can't help but think Lloyd left due to bad advice. Haven't heard anything about him since.
We seem to be getting solid players from the portal, so, hopefully the situation will balance out. Thoughts?

I didn't know who Lloyd was referring to with his "sympathy" comments. Himself or the team? I don't know.

He showed his loyalty to Satt when the noise started at a certain point in the season. He didn't play in the big wins due to injury. Just don't know.

My thought is that PT matters more than academics, particularly if some have already graduated and just want to get legit PT somewhere else.

The only thing I would say is in the real world you learn pretty quickly not to quit a job if you don't have your next one lined up.

These may also be the guys who put pressure on Satt to have too many personnel packages, too. Hard to say, but I wish them well.

You're probably right about Lloyd going to greener pastures too soon. Will be interesting to see where he ends up....maybe Nebraska with Satt! Doubtful Beamer gives him a pass to come back but the running back room is quite thin it appears!

Gamecocks are in the battle to keep Burch. Gamecocks came back and offered him more than the other school comeback and offered the match plus more. Gamecocks tell you the truth cannot match the numbers needed like the other schools can and from what I am hearing Tanner is not doing such a great job of getting the money needed to help here he is using the money on his pet projects. The program is behind in getting the money needed to sustain success as of now.

This is the reality as of now

Right now looking at who we’re losing or possibly losing I feel like we are on the edge of a disaster. If Rattler and Wells were to leave we would have lost the following players:

Rattler
Wells
Vann
Brooks
Bell
Stogner
Adkins
Lloyd
CBS
Gwyn
Burch
Edmond
Pickens
Greene
Johnson
Smith
Rush

I mean we could be looking at a very very rough season in 2023. Which would be awful because we have a chance to have a special class in 2024. We might return like 6 starters next year

I thought we had one of the premium NIL ‘agencies’ with park avenue or whatever they were called. At least that’s how they hyped up the deal back when it was announced.

I thought we had one of the premium NIL ‘agencies’ with park avenue or whatever they were called. At least that’s how they hyped up the deal back when it was announced.
Everybody thought so but no park avenue has not been launched and might not never be due to NCAA. LOL weak NCAA why even listen to them nobody else does. joke. Looks like the fans by tickets fund this and that now we have to pay players if we want a good team.

I can't imagine being a college coach during these unprecedented times...having to not only recruit high school players, now you have to recruit other college players as well as your own roster...I love beamer and hope that fans keep this all in mind as we may be rebuilding every year especially when players are free to leave with no downside

2021 Supreme Court ruling opened up this pay to play mess we’re in. IMO they made no separation between amateur and professional sports. Now schools have no limit on what the can provide to student athletes.

The average student doesn't have to get an MRI or surgery if they flunk a test.

As far as "money buys the best players" goes, there's plenty of money in Atlanta and Charlotte, yet the Panthers and Falcons are two of the worst teams in the NFL going by their records. They're just awful despite the big money involved. Don't get me going about the Washington Can't Play Football Team, either.

I think it still comes down to effective coaching when it's all said and done.

i dont look at it as the destruction of college football, it just destroyed any notion that it isnt the minor leagues, which it likely always has been. still it wont affect how i view the game as a fan. as a program going forward its just about is our coaching, recruiting, and culture good enough to make up for not being the highest bidder.

The average student doesn't have to get an MRI or surgery if they flunk a test.

As far as "money buys the best players" goes, there's plenty of money in Atlanta and Charlotte, yet the Panthers and Falcons are two of the worst teams in the NFL going by their records. They're just awful despite the big money involved. Don't get me going about the Washington Can't Play Football Team, either.

I think it still comes down to effective coaching when it's all said and done.
NFL is different and not a good comparison. They actually have contracts and salary caps etc. CF is just open season for the highest bidder - every year now you have to recruit HS kids, trasnfer portal players, and also your own players to keep them in the fold. It's unsustainable in the long run.

Gamecocks are in the battle to keep Burch. Gamecocks came back and offered him more than the other school comeback and offered the match plus more. Gamecocks tell you the truth cannot match the numbers needed like the other schools can and from what I am hearing Tanner is not doing such a great job of getting the money needed to help here he is using the money on his pet projects. The program is behind in getting the money needed to sustain success as of now.

Call his bluff and let him walk. Don’t get into a negotiation game.

These players that leave for $5 more in NIL money always find out the pasture is not greener

Players are also finding out what they are promised in NIL funds are not what they are getting btw.

And, now, he's gone!