Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players leaving

Something is going to have to change because the status quo is not sustainable. Right now the current college players are in the process of destroying their product. It will be really difficult to cheer for teams that are nothing but revolving doors.

Personally, I can imagine a future where I have just had enough with college football. I reached that point with the NFL years ago (from previously being someone who ordered the Sunday Ticket package from Direct TV, to someone that hasn't watched an NFL game in years). Even this year, I've gone from wishing players that are leaving "good luck" to "don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out".

Athletic scholarships are still the only ways for many kids, that cannot afford to do so otherwise, to get a degree.

That's the boundary of all this stuff that NIL cannot be allowed to cross and where litigation will have to happen to protect that right to a college education.

JMO.

Something is going to have to change because the status quo is not sustainable. Right now the current college players are in the process of destroying their product. It will be really difficult to cheer for teams that are nothing but revolving doors.

Personally, I can imagine a future where I have just had enough with college football. I reached that point with the NFL years ago (from previously being someone who ordered the Sunday Ticket package from Direct TV, to someone that hasn't watched an NFL game in years). Even this year, I've gone from wishing players that are leaving "good luck" to "don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out".
This. They are the ones who are going to ruin it for the younger kids now. Not only because people will lose interest ( I know I am, I barely watched any bowl games this season because of opt outs transfers etc.) lower interest in the sport will lead to smaller nil contracts. The NCAA really really screwed themselves by letting the nil be decided by the courts and this crop of players is doing nothing to help it.

The NIL and the portal look all dome and gloom right now put in time things rules guidelines whatever you want to call it will get under control in a few years. I could see the players union, coming out there among other ways. But for now, we have to push through this mess.