Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible candidates to replace Frank Martin

Haven't we tried that already - Darian Horn?
I wouldn't call Horn an NCAAT giant killer. His 2008 WKU team was a 12 seed and beat an overseeded 5 Drake. Then beat 13 seed San Diego to make Sweet 16. Not exactly the cream of the crop and far away from the likes of Kentucky, Duke, UNC, etc.

I don't have a good feeling about this search...
If Sean Miller is our #1 target, I think we're going to be waiting a little bit. I think Miller is going to give Xavier a chance to make an offer and they might not make any decisions until they're eliminated in the NIT.

If Sean Miller is our #1 target, I think we're going to be waiting a little bit. I think Miller is going to give Xavier a chance to make an offer and they might not make any decisions until they're eliminated in the NIT.
Those were my thoughts looking at the NIT bracket.

If we were actually serious about him, he was using us to leverage a deal with Xavier.

Unfortunately, this is the cutthroat world of college athletics these days.

Per my previous posts, there are some very good reasons why us and Xavier were the only schools interested in Miller.

We'll get the right guy after the NCAAT is over.

Those were my thoughts looking at the NIT bracket.

If we were actually serious about him, he was using us to leverage a deal with Xavier.

Unfortunately, this is the cutthroat world of college athletics these days.

Per my previous posts, there are some very good reasons why us and Xavier were the only schools interested in Miller.

We'll get the right guy after the NCAAT is over.
Hire BJ and put an end to this, not one of those candidates would outweigh the advantages BJ has in recruiting being from SC and his knowledge of basketball is not debatable! Just like Beamer he has no head coaching experience and that is his only negative, make it happen and end this search! Frank should have hired him as an assistant 🙄 this is a perfect time to allow Staley to mentor him on how to build a program! This puts an end to the wash rinse repeat of other schools talent coming to rescue us, BJ is USC Basketball, make it happen!

What coach wants to come if Tanner is on a short leash? Tanner is no more in a year or two that means all coaches are on a hot seat. Huge work to be done.

What coach wants to come if Tanner is on a short leash? Tanner is no more in a year or two that means all coaches are on a hot seat. Huge work to be done.
Wow, here we go.... we just missed postseason play in MBB, we are 25th in the country in baseball, have a dynasty in W basketball, Beamer has a buzz in football... Huge work to be done, based on what? The athletic department not making money? Scandals? What?

I would think no matter who replaces Frank that if they win games and make post season play they wouldn't have anything to worry about no matter who the AD is.

Wow, here we go.... we just missed postseason play in MBB, we are 25th in the country in baseball, have a dynasty in W basketball, Beamer has a buzz in football... Huge work to be done, based on what? The athletic department not making money? Scandals? What?
That wasn’t my point at all. You see this all the time. An AD hires a coach, AD later gets fired, leaves whatever. The newest hire then is up for questioning by the incoming AD. It was a question about the new bball coach not the AD

I would think no matter who replaces Frank that if they win games and make post season play they wouldn't have anything to worry about no matter who the AD is.
I generally agree except our history shows otherwise so if a coach comes in with mediocre results with a new AD. But honestly I don’t think Tanner is going anywhere.

That wasn’t my point at all. You see this all the time. An AD hires a coach, AD later gets fired, leaves whatever. The newest hire then is up for questioning by the incoming AD. It was a question about the new bball coach not the AD
What was your point? Why did you post it?