Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible candidates to replace Frank Martin

This search was a #$%show of epic proportions, and not even the staunchest Ray apologist (as I have been up until now) could argue that.

This search was a #$%show of epic proportions, and not even the staunchest Ray apologist (as I have been up until now) could argue that.
@Swayin, couldn’t agree more. Tanner may have some irons in the fire which we don’t know about. He may pull off a “I’m gonna steal Jamie Dixon from TCU” or a “Got Chris Beard hooked” move. Let’s pray that’s the case. But so far the hand Tanner has shown has not looked like he was dealt any decent cards.

Wash, rinse and repeat I tried to tell you! Hire BJ and support him, his players and the culture or we wil...

First thought about hiring Paris is that it's an underwhelming hire. I get the feeling that we'll be in this situation again in 4-5 years.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still support him and the team. I hope I'm wrong and Paris is the guy to get us to the next level.

Doesn't seem to be much splash on the hire, maybe a small ripple. Ultimately, and hopefully, he may be a great coach for us. Looks like most of his ties are to the Mid-West, with the exception of UTC. It will be interesting to see what kind of coaching staff he brings in. The rumor mill was that BJ McKie was going to have a large budget to bring in a top notch staff to help mitigate his lack of head coaching experience -- so we'll see what the board designates for Paris, and what he is able to put together for a staff. I hope he's able to hit the ground running and will soon be in touch with recruits.

He is a good hire and a great man. Imagine yourself as a young high school hooper, would you rather play for a d-bag like Martin or a great dude like Paris. He will represent our school well and win games. If you haven't heard of him, that's on you- he has cut his teeth from a low level assistant and worked his way to here.

He is a good hire and a great man. Imagine yourself as a young high school hooper, would you rather play for a d-bag like Martin or a great dude like Paris. He will represent our school well and win games. If you haven't heard of him, that's on you- he has cut his teeth from a low level assistant and worked his way to here.
d-bag? Seriously? Martin was nothing of the sort.

I agree that Paris is a good hire -- but Martin's players love him -- his public persona is nothing like what he and his players share behind closed doors. I also think Paris' record is being taken out of context - he inherited the youngest team in the nation when he started. They struggled for two years, but have won 20, 18, and 27 games the last three years. His rep is that he has a great eye for talent, can really recruit, and works the portal well. The Mocs lost in Round 1 as a 12 seed to 4 seed Illinois by a single point. I like the hire, when I sift through the wreckage of the search to really take a look at it.

Sounds like he could be great, could be another Darin Horn. Time will tell. I wish him the best off luck.