Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saturday vs. Old Dominion

AikenGameFan

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
I am so ready for this game. I think it will be good for a lot of people to see us go out and have a big win Saturday. I know it should answer some questions about things like our OL and our RB this season. Yes, ODU is a nobody, but we will still see our guys in full pads playing for the win.
Any of you going to make it to this game?
I hope we have a good crowd show up.

Sellers created excitement last year and that will be good enough for the first couple of games me thinks.

Anything past that, I really don't know, but I will try to stay positive.

Loggains will most likely keep Sellers in the pocket to establish the run, but he has to run at some point to avoid getting the box stacked on him, which locks down the run and the passing game.

I would like to be optimistic, but we just have not done stuff like this well over the years. However, I do think we will get win.

38-21 Red Roosters

We will succeed despite ourselves this year because of this guy:

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2dhbWVjb2Nrc29ubGluZS1jb20vMjAyNC8wMi8xNjI0ZmI3MC1lbGxpb3R0c2hhd24yMDI0LWUxNzA5MjM5NjM5MzUwLmpwZw.png

My son and I are thinking about going and have access to 2 tix. I think we’re a 3 TD favorite but history makes me feel anxious especially heading into a season opener. Old Dominion isn’t terrible and we’re far from great, so we have to start well and play as cleanly as possible. Guess you could say I’m cautiously optimistic for a good showing and don’t struggle with the basics of pass pro,run blocking, stoping the run,etc like we have in openers past.

Loggains will most likely keep Sellers in the pocket to establish the run, but he has to run at some point to avoid getting the box stacked on him, which locks down the run and the passing game.

I would like to be optimistic, but we just have not done stuff like this well over the years. However, I do think we will get win.

38-21 Red Roosters
No way they score 21 and I think we score 38 before the half. 63-10, they get a late TD with time running out. Sanders has over 150yds rushing, Sellers has over 300yds passing and 70yds rushing. Harbor and Smith have over 100yds receiving. Greer and Hemingway have big games along with a pick 6 for DQ

No way they score 21 and I think we score 38 before the half. 63-10, they get a late TD with time running out. Sanders has over 150yds rushing, Sellers has over 300yds passing and 70yds rushing. Harbor and Smith have over 100yds receiving. Greer and Hemingway have big games along with a pick 6 for DQ
I like your thinking but I think they will get fewer yards. It will look a lot like the spring game. Almost the whole team will see the field. It would be great if all our guys really do show out, but I just feel the coaches will want to see all the players get some playing time. I think Sellers will only play the 1st half. Ashford and Beville will both see the field in the second half.
I think it will be 52-7 with ODU scoring against our 3rd string in the 4th Qtr.

Question marks on the depth chart would have alarmed me in the past, but maybe that's normal in the age of the portal at this point.

Wow, I guess I'm overestimating ODU's quality, because I think it's going to be much closer than the above predictions. I'm hoping you guys are right...I'd love to enjoy a blowout, but the team is going to have to prove they're better than last year's team on the field.

I do not think either of them were higher than maybe #3 on the depth chart and we have 18 other OL ready to go. It is great to have 20 OL on the roster. We will not run into the issues we had last year when we were running out of players to fill in.

If any of you folks have a watering hole pre-game shout it out. Would be great to see some faces behind the screens and talk some football.