Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saturday vs. Old Dominion

Eleven players made their first career start as a Gamecock: Raheim Sanders, Jared Brown, LaNorris Sellers, Vandrevius Jacobs, Michael Smith, Kamaar Bell, Josiah Thompson, Torricelli Simpkins, Kyle Kennard, Jatius Geer, And Demetrius Knight Jr.

Twenty-two players made their first appearances as a Gamecock: Mazeo Bennett Jr., Raheim Sanders, Dylan Stewart, Gage Larvadain, David Bucey, Jared Brown, Dalevon Campbell, Jalewis Solomon, Demetrius Knight Jr., Bangally Kamara, Vandrevius Jacobs, Michael Smith, Gerald Kilgore, Oscar Adaway III, Neil Savage III, Monkell Goodwine, Kamaar Bell, Jake Recker, Josiah Thompson, Torricelli Simpkins, Brady Hunt, and Deandre Jules.

That's a lot in anyone's book.

Eleven players made their first career start as a Gamecock: Raheim Sanders, Jared Brown, LaNorris Sellers, Vandrevius Jacobs, Michael Smith, Kamaar Bell, Josiah Thompson, Torricelli Simpkins, Kyle Kennard, Jatius Geer, And Demetrius Knight Jr.

Twenty-two players made their first appearances as a Gamecock: Mazeo Bennett Jr., Raheim Sanders, Dylan Stewart, Gage Larvadain, David Bucey, Jared Brown, Dalevon Campbell, Jalewis Solomon, Demetrius Knight Jr., Bangally Kamara, Vandrevius Jacobs, Michael Smith, Gerald Kilgore, Oscar Adaway III, Neil Savage III, Monkell Goodwine, Kamaar Bell, Jake Recker, Josiah Thompson, Torricelli Simpkins, Brady Hunt, and Deandre Jules.

That's a lot in anyone's book.
I had many coaches tell me you see the most improvement in a player and a team between the 1st and 2nd game of seasons, this is especially true for younger players and teams... in sitting around and debating/discussing why we think this is, everyone spoke of chemistry after playing against someone besides your teammates, you start to bond differently after that first game, you set a tone for the season on many fronts after that game. Your defense and offense let down some of the competitive juices aimed at each other and start aiming it at a common opponent differently after the first game, the competitive balance for positions turns towards a common opponent differently after that first game...older players coach younger players differently after that first game, the back up and the starter look at each other different after that first game

I had many coaches tell me you see the most improvement in a player and a team between the 1st and 2nd game of seasons, this is especially true for younger players and teams... in sitting around and debating/discussing why we think this is, everyone spoke of chemistry after playing against someone besides your teammates, you start to bond differently after that first game, you set a tone for the season on many fronts after that game. Your defense and offense let down some of the competitive juices aimed at each other and start aiming it at a common opponent differently after the first game, the competitive balance for positions turns towards a common opponent differently after that first game...older players coach younger players differently after that first game, the back up and the starter look at each other different after that first game
And all of that holds true for UK as well.

And UK is coming off a big shut out win. Their D only allowed 20 yards rushing but had 2 sacks to make it 5 yards total. They only allowed 126 yards passing and had 2 INT's. Their Offence scored 31 points. The big thing is it was a shutout win. Hard to convince them they need to change a lot.

Nothing in the posts would suggest differently since they are a team with players but thanks Cpt Obvious, GO COCKS! Sorry, I think the difference is one team is on top of the world and one still has a chip on its shoulder...

Last edited:
And UK is coming off a big shut out win. Their D only allowed 20 yards rushing but had 2 sacks to make it 5 yards total. They only allowed 126 yards passing and had 2 INT's. Their Offence scored 31 points. The big thing is it was a shutout win. Hard to convince them they need to change a lot.
Change no...but they should also improve from week 1 to week 2.....yes?

I know if Stewert and Kennard continue to play the way they are playing, the other guys are going to have a field day on defense, that I know!!!!
I know Sellers is better than he played on Saturday and he was not terrible on Sat, he never got comfortable and I think f he gets comfortable, finds a rhythm, gets in the zone running the RPO/inside zone read with that group of weapons it will be a ton of fun to watch. I think we saw glimpses and we will see that evolution similar to Rattler as he sees how teams react, teammates react...

If we are being honest, that is the kind of game that made folks question Rattler. When Rattler would come out to jacked up and over throw a wide open guy or throw high heat when he should have thrown with touch, when he let his emotions get him caught in the moment... you could see when Rattler was picking and choosing when to be the ra ra guy, the ultra competitor serious leader guy and the let's have fun guy to just being Rattler and enjoying the moment, staying in the moment he started having real success.
Sellers has to find that fine line of old Sellers(back up- ra ra guy), new Sellers(ultra competitor leader guy- this spring and summer) to The man(let's have fun guy) to just being Sellers and being comfortable that is enough, with the help and trust of his teammates! He has the talent in different ways than Rattler, though I think his ceiling is higher if he can get comfortable passing in the pocket and out of the RPO...