Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of the Current SEC East

until we actually see a result translate to the field it is all conjecture...my point is that comparing an unknown to a staff that came from another school is a little bit biased...and comparing anything to Muschamp is not setting the bar very high...ther is a reason that we are only predicted to finsih ahead of vandy in the East (unfortunately)
Comparing coming staffs is really a moot point, one has had moderate success in a lower caliber of football while the other has been on staffs with some of the best coaches in the league.  The only advantage I see for the Tennessee coaching staff is he’s had time to work on things like game/time management.

I’m not saying that Beamer is the savior or that we’re going 12-0, but if you look at the team the last 2 years and think 6 combined wins is all the team was capable of your a pessimist.  Those teams played selfish football lead by a mostly selfish coaching staff.  With a recruiting pitch of “I can get you to the league” you build teams that are me first.  Beamer has an uphill climb but if he come out and won 6-7 games would I be surprised? Not even in the slightest, theirs talent in the team and if they play team football they can win more than what the “experts” are predicting.

Last edited by a moderator:
New for the 2021 season:  Gamecock Bounty Law.  Check your local listings for showtimes.

6979d141-827a-4cfc-ad5d-d5296cf628a5-C_USC_0147.jpg