Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trivia Thread

This may have already been asked, but who is the only player in the Braves' franchise history to play in Boston, Milwaukee, and Atlanta?

This may have already been asked, but who is the only player in the Braves' franchise history to play in Boston, Milwaukee, and Atlanta?
Almost guessed Warren Spahn, but don't think he made it to Atlanta. I'll go with Eddie Matthews. I also think he's the only other Braves player besides Aaron to hit more than 500 home runs.

Almost guessed Warren Spahn, but don't think he made it to Atlanta. I'll go with Eddie Matthews. I also think he's the only other Braves player besides Aaron to hit more than 500 home runs.
Good job, Mathews is correct. His rookie year was in Boston and his final year as a Brave was the first year the team was in Atlanta. He hit just over 500 for his career, but I think the last 20-30 were for other teams. I think he hit somewhere around 485-490 as a Brave. He and Aaron do hold the record for most home runs by teammates. Don't remember the exact number, but it's somewhere around 860 combined. Pretty amazing feat considering they supplanted Ruth/Gehrig for that record.

That was a good question. Never would have gotten that without the hint.
I was pretty foggy on that far back even though I have posted some MV vids here.

I was thinking Lou Gramm from that Foreigner song Waiting for a Girl Like You instead of Phil Collins.

He was about the only one with a British tie-in that I could think of that would have had enough financial clout to hop on a Concorde flight. George Harrison and Mick Jagger were the only other ones I could think of from that time.

I don't think Miami Vice aired until 1985, so I still associated Collins with Genesis.

This song got massive airplay back in 1981.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2WWftDV1oo