Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USC @ TENNESSEE

Gary

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
UT is making jump shots even when they are guarded.  Really hard to beat that.   We scored 39, which isn't bad.  Moss had a good half.  Lawson did too.  I like seeing Minott in there.  I thought he did fine  for not having experience.     I didn't expect to win this, but we're playing hard.  Can't play zone.  Have  to play man defense.  We'll see what happens in the second half.

AJ having to sit the last 7 minutes with 2 fouls really hurt. We were down 1 when he picked up his 2nd. UT outscored us 22-12 from that point.

Our defense is really bad.   And I don't get that.    The only reason I can think of is that our guys are just not trying hard enough on defense.    And then there is the missed shots on offense, with no offensive rebounds.

Settling for jumpers that we predictably miss instead of driving into paint and drawing fouls and getting dunked on by a white guy all day long.

Isn't this how Darrin Horne's teams used to look?

Free-stylin' and losin'?

Last edited by a moderator:
93-73 Vols Final.

If we play like this the rest of the season, Frank can hit the freaking road.

We are making an All-American out of someone on every team we play.  Tonight it was Victor Bailey.    We have no pride in our defense.  I hate to lose to UT.   Can't stand rick barnes.  Or UT.   But our defense was really bad.  And has been bad most of the year.

If there is a bright spot tonight its Moss and Minott.    I think we should sub Minott for Leveque whenever Leveque comes out.   Play McCreary at the 4.    Moss is not a  PG.  He's loose with his dribble.   But Moss can be a catch and shoot guy.   Bryant also can't dribble well.  We probably need to try to post him up rather than give it to him on the perimeter to drive.

It is such a weird season what with most fans not allowed in to the games, the stops and starts because of the Covid,  the injuries we have had.   I don't like the way this season has gone as far as wins and losses, but it seems a bit unfair to be too hard on the team and the coaches because of the situation.   We've asked Leveque and McCreary to play more minutes than they are ready for because of Frink's being out.  Then you add in the shooting slumps from Couisnard and Minaya and its been a problem.   

On the plus side, we have some young players who have gotten more experience this season than they were expected to get.  That should pay off next season.   Assuming we get Frink back next season, we should be pretty good in the post and have depth.   The injury breaks for Minaya and Couisnard might prove beneficial as it might let them hit the reset button and shoot the ball better. 

Man , ok so who would you hire right now that can do any better coming from the jump
Just to be clear...you want me to list some coaches who would do better than current worst team in the SEC and 1 NCAA tournament appearance in a decade?

*Thanks in part to UNC not offering Sindarius Thornwell a scholarship or that one run would have never happened

You want a top 5 or 10?

Last edited by a moderator:
Man , ok so who would you hire right now that can do any better coming from the jump
dude...we are freaking horrible!  We are one of the worst teams in our conference (if not the worst)...a better question may be who could actually do worse

dude...we are freaking horrible!  We are one of the worst teams in our conference (if not the worst)...a better question may be who could actually do worse
I agree the talent level is not very good right now, so give me the top 3 coaches you would go after right now, I personally like  Mike at OSU.   I don't understand why MARTIN  cannot get the talent in state to stay .   The only other guy right now would be CAL at Kentucky for me maybe an couple of others but not many.  I  think they have to hire an