Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your feel about Satterfield now?

AikenGameFan

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
I was hired this season to be a statistician for a HS football team. I have learned so much more about football because now I see so much more when I watch a play.
Most people do not understand how to read a play. All they see is the results.
The plays last night were almost identical to the plays at Florida. The difference was the players finally executing like Satterfield has been wanting all year.
They were the same formations, the same receiver routes, the same OL cuts. You saw results because they executed. They did what Satterfield said they could do.
The receivers juked a little better, the OL actually stayed where they were supposed to, Rattler actually trusted the pocket and the receivers and threw the ball down field.
They played like an NFL team and stuck it to UT.

Satt has been talking about what he knew they could do all year. I am so glad they finally DID it.

I sure do hope the do it again Saturday. Like Satt and Beamer, we know what they can do. Just want them to do it again. Hope Satt can keep teaching them.

not sure what to think. I get it that some are the same plays, but when your team is struggling to execute all season do you need to adapt to where they are as it relates to your offense? The front 7 of Clemson is much better than TN and they will throw a lot of different looks at our offensive line. Will we adjust blocking schemes or will we say this is what we have run all year? I’ve watched every Clemson game this year. Both DE can get after it. Bresee although he has struggled as of late can still get after it if he plays. Trotter has come into his own this year. They can give us the kind of trouble Missouri did. I’ll be looking to see if Satt can call a game to counter what the defense does. Rattler will face more pass rush pressure this week. I’ve said I am waiting till the end of the season to have an opinion so…. I’d like nothing more than to have him show the ability to adjust and move the ball this week. Does not have to be a win for me, but gotta show the ability to adjust.

Last edited:
Let’s see what he does vs Clemson and evaluate the season as a whole.

When you say the plays called we’re the same, what exactly do you mean it seems like we saw more wildcat and used DK a lot more against Tenn then Florida and either ut’s D line is just awful or the blocking scheme was different.

This a very good post and brought some good thought here. Thanks for that. Be honest here confused man just when you thought the way to go was to hire a new OC then a great performence. We will see how it goes in dung valleys.

Muschamp's upset of #3 UGA in 2019 was great but he couldn't sustain it the rest of the season for whatever the reasons.

DateTimeOpponentTVResultAttendance
August 313:30 p.m.vs. North CarolinaESPNL 20–2452,183
September 712:00 p.m.Charleston SouthernSECNW 72–1070,698
September 143:30 p.m.No. 2 AlabamaCBSL 23–4781,954
September 214:00 p.m.at MissouriSECN Alt.L 14–3452,012
September 287:30 p.m.KentuckySECNW 24–780,828
October 1212:00 p.m.at No. 3 GeorgiaESPNW 20–17 2OT92,746
October 1912:00 p.m.No. 9 FloridaESPNL 27–3878,883
October 264:00 p.m.at TennesseeSECNL 21–4187,397
November 27:30 p.m.VanderbiltSECNW 24–771,945
November 97:00 p.m.Appalachian StateESPN2L 15–2080,849
November 167:30 p.m.at Texas A&MSECNL 6–30104,957
November 3012:00 p.m.No. 3 ClemsonESPNL 3–3880,580

Inconsistency has been the issue with the last two staffs.

It's not just Satt, either. There is accountability with Shane, too, for the team's inconsistency.

Let's face it, Shane's never been a head coach before and there are going to be some growing pains.

The difference between Will and Shane, though, is Muschamp's team barely held on in 2OT against UGA while we kicked the everlovin' sheot out of the Vols Saturday night just like Spurrier used to do.

Greg Adkins' health issues the last two years have been real, though. If we beat Clemson and win our bowl game, that's still out there.

I would say let the season play out and go from there.

I really don't know what's going on. One day we score 0 offensive points, and the next week we score 9 TD against a much better team....

Al I know is I am glad I am not the one making all these big decisions.

I really don't know what's going on. One day we score 0 offensive points, and the next week we score 9 TD against a much better team....

Al I know is I am glad I am not the one making all these big decisions.

Same. The decisions Shane makes after the season is over will impact his fledgling coaching career.

One performance does not a career make. " A blind squirrel will eventually find a nut" Ask after next week.

If you are going to give Satt credit for the Tenn game, then you must also give him the blame for the Florida and Missouri games.

Let’s see what he does vs Clemson and evaluate the season as a whole.

When you say the plays called we’re the same, what exactly do you mean it seems like we saw more wildcat and used DK a lot more against Tenn then Florida and either ut’s D line is just awful or the blocking scheme was different.
Because you run the ball more when your up on the scoreboard... DK had more yards receiving in the FL game, his longest rush of the season in the FL game and just 4 more rushing yards in the UT game compared to the UF game... 21 to 17...

One performance does not a career make. " A blind squirrel will eventually find a nut" Ask after next week.

If you are going to give Satt credit for the Tenn game, then you must also give him the blame for the Florida and Missouri games.
That is what we said, same plays called... I'm giving credit to the entire team, staff for a great season and letting them get prepared for clemson without any added distractions of know it all... Not sure why we feel the reason to point fingers, that pointing the finger at Coach Martin worked out well for us, anyone see him win a tourney with UMass this weekend in Myrtle Beach, terrible coach he is, all those the game has passed our final four winning coach and its time to move on are super quite... the fire Satt crowd should learn from them!

Because you run the ball more when your up on the scoreboard... DK had more yards receiving in the FL game, his longest rush of the season in the FL game and just 4 more rushing yards in the UT game compared to the UF game... 21 to 17...
Agreed but DK played early and often, didn’t he? Something was different, be it personnel, position grouping, or execution or overall gameplan, not just the play call. Seems like aside from Juice, the ball was spread around to everyone like they could all magically run the system to perfection. We went from park to 60 in a second. Can’t just say it was the same car, same road, same gas and not wonder what happened the rest of the times can you? We didn’t occasionally execute vs UT. We did at will almost. We didn’t occasionally look inept vs Mizzou or UF, we did almost the entire time. Hopefully we can continue this new trend and then we’re all praying we can afford to hang on to Satt.

Had more time to think about the offensive magic displayed Saturday night and have heard some interesting ideas on Saturday's offense. but anyhow 2 good games out of 24 games for Satt to me is no reason for extending Satt's contract and keeping him on staff. I would like to see the same performance Saturday against Clemson. If it is a dud 30-0 it would not surprise me one bit. I would have to see more myself. But that is not my decision only Beamer's call.

Rattler made plays on the run...improvisation.

And the duds Satt produced last season. :(
Jason Brown saved his job for him leading up to the CU game and of course the Dukes Mayo bowl.

A few good games sandwiched in between some embarrassments does not warrant continued employment.

schooled get out GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Satt may need to go. That is for Beamer to decide. All I am saying is what both of them have said all season. The players need to execute. They definetly did.
Satt has said many times, when they do execute, he gives them more plays. If they can't play the plays they worked on all season right, it is hard to trust them with something different. When they play good we see him pull out the extra stuff like the DK pass to Rattler or the sweeps. The big thing is the OL. When they play good Rattler plays great.
On to clemsux, with Lloyd and CBS back we can force their secondary into man on man to stack the line. A couple RPO later and Rattler we eat them up. When the linebackers back off to help the secondary, our runners will eat them up. I see it 31 - 28 Gamecocks.

Agreed but DK played early and often, didn’t he? Something was different, be it personnel, position grouping, or execution or overall gameplan, not just the play call. Seems like aside from Juice, the ball was spread around to everyone like they could all magically run the system to perfection. We went from park to 60 in a second. Can’t just say it was the same car, same road, same gas and not wonder what happened the rest of the times can you? We didn’t occasionally execute vs UT. We did at will almost. We didn’t occasionally look inept vs Mizzou or UF, we did almost the entire time. Hopefully we can continue this new trend and then we’re all praying we can afford to hang on to Satt.
Some look at things differently, I do contracts and deal with it everyday.

Even when we executed against Florida the wheels came off, fumble... mizz is hard to call because of dealing with Adkins and thinking we would be able to run the ball.

We still missed wide open players behind the secondary, over threw them because they were stacking the box against mizz and just missed on the inside trap twice, shoestring tackles...

We also had a few drops, they were not great throws but should have been caught and all of those kill rhythm, crush drives and they are better at answering from in front than playing catch up...

I think Rattler was/is learning and he is the key, when he drops back and let's it go, trust it... IT is hIs arm, the play, the WR, the pocket, and when he does that he is as good as I've seen spin it in Garnet, period! He can also be special outside the pocket, making plays but the indeciveness between the 2 gets him in trouble, doesn't allow for a rhythm sometimes. You have to pick and choose your moments wisely to play hero ball, 1st and 10, 2nd and 5 are downs that it is not needed, situational awareness if you will and you can see him getting that imo that was the difference and not just Rattler but at starts with him!

i think the test for him now like it is all playcallers is when you face some adversity or something doesnt work how do you adjust. in the past i think hes fallen back to his core principles as opposed to doing something different that works or in some instances trying so hard to outsmart the defense you outsmart yourself. garrett anderson was on mike uva's mix in a water podcast after the florida game and said something similar about playcallers stubbornly sticking to what they know best when they shouldnt. its not something exclusive to satt because great playcallers can fall into the same trap.

rattler playing like that makes the offense a cheat code, but even with a healthy lloyd it starts with doing everything we did in the first half vs vandy and against tennessee, essentially the mayo bowl offense. joyner getting snaps at qb, moving bell around involving him as a receiver and runner, motion and testing the edge/perimeter of defenses. you do all that and now theyre having to account for everyone and having to defend the whole field. obviously the most important thing for rattler was making plays downfield but i was overjoyed to see him show some confidence and toughness as a runner.

i think the test for him now like it is all playcallers is when you face some adversity or something doesnt work how do you adjust. in the past i think hes fallen back to his core principles as opposed to doing something different that works or in some instances trying so hard to outsmart the defense you outsmart yourself. garrett anderson was on mike uva's mix in a water podcast after the florida game and said something similar about playcallers stubbornly sticking to what they know best when they shouldnt. its not something exclusive to satt because great playcallers can fall into the same trap.

rattler playing like that makes the offense a cheat code, but even with a healthy lloyd it starts with doing everything we did in the first half vs vandy and against tennessee, essentially the mayo bowl offense. joyner getting snaps at qb, moving bell around involving him as a receiver and runner, motion and testing the edge/perimeter of defenses. you do all that and now theyre having to account for everyone and having to defend the whole field. obviously the most important thing for rattler was making plays downfield but i was overjoyed to see him show some confidence and toughness as a runner.
Agree, the game was fun, he had a catch, Satt got everyone involved. It is a kids game, you have to treat it as such in some ways, in a lot of ways... it is a fine line between loving your job and hating your job, between it being a job and a kids game. The good coaches play along that line and the great ones paint it, put chains on it, put some music to it and make it fun, winning is the ultimate fun for most...

The "jack of all trades, master of none" offense.

Master the right ones and we will be pretty good.