Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10,000 miles

Excellent!  The rain held off here in the Midlands long enough for me to get in a 17.3 mile ride today.
17.3 seems to be your golden loop.

That chair in the pic was put right at the very end of a long, brutal climb. They must have known I would need it!

17.3 seems to be your golden loop.

That chair in the pic was put right at the very end of a long, brutal climb. They must have known I would need it!
Yeah I had been in that 15 - 16 mile range for quite a while, I'm trying to up it some.  Weather report looks good for here tomorrow, I'm going to try and break 20.

Nipped up to the lookout just before the woods got really dark after work. Haven’t been riding as much with the weather and the shorter days and it shows - I really felt it.46EB7952-9FE5-4C86-8C68-7A12B26CC5BD.jpeg

Got in another 8 today. After our flooding many of the tracks were like pudding…slow and a lot of work. But no rain!410423EE-E3F3-465F-9A83-50E48F12A03B.jpeg

if I see any mountain bike trail I assume it is brutal lol...as a road cycler I spend 90% of my time in the saddle just grinding out the miles...howerver when I mountain bike I speant about 10% of the time in the saddle and it is such a different exercise...I love it!

if I see any mountain bike trail I assume it is brutal lol...as a road cycler I spend 90% of my time in the saddle just grinding out the miles...howerver when I mountain bike I speant about 10% of the time in the saddle and it is such a different exercise...I love it!

It's amazing how different the two branches of the same sport are!

I squeezed in 5 miles yesterday before it got dark; between the weather and the lack of daylight (I'm just not a morning person, so the "go for a ride before work" thing just doesn't work for me, yet) it is tough to get out right now on weekdays.

I squeezed in 5 miles yesterday before it got dark; between the weather and the lack of daylight (I'm just not a morning person, so the "go for a ride before work" thing just doesn't work for me, yet) it is tough to get out right now on weekdays.
for me when the time changes I don't ride during the week with my work schedule...I hate when the time changes

Between the dark, the rain, and the cold it is a tough sell for me right now ... which I am conflicted about.

Went and rode early today because Army - Navy game is at 3, got in 16.2 miles but busted my ass.  The trail was very wet,  went down on one of the wooden bridges.  Thankfully I was going pretty slow because it was so wet.  Those bridges are as slick as owl crap when they're wet.  

Went and rode early today because Army - Navy game is at 3, got in 16.2 miles but busted my ass.  The trail was very wet,  went down on one of the wooden bridges.  Thankfully I was going pretty slow because it was so wet.  Those bridges are as slick as owl crap when they're wet.  
Ouch!  Stay safe out there Blitzy.  Probably lucky for you that your ass was already cracked.