Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chinese spy balloon floating over US

Days late. It supposedly touched down in less than 50’ of water.

I suppose that's better than disintegrating on the ground in Podunk, Montana.

At least we can analyze what it was carrying better.

It would be kinda cool if the squadron from Shaw took it out as they are the Fighting Gamecocks.

Surfside Beach was the end of the line for the spy balloon. Best takeout ever.

il_1140xN.1971307026_iqtc.jpg

LOL

It would be kinda cool if the squadron from Shaw took it out as they are the Fighting Gamecocks.
"Swamp Foxes"....they are at McEntire.

Shaw: "Gamblers", "Tigers", & "Fighting 55th".

Sorry for being a know-it-all...I used to work at Shaw.

The F-22 almost certainly was from Langley, VA.

They are highly upset with us about shooting this down. Now tell my why they would be upset that we shot down a "civilian weather balloon". I think they know they are getting ready to be caught in a lie and will say whatever we say we find out will be propaganda. I remember they shot down one of our surveillance planes claiming it was in their air space. Well the balloon was clearly in ours so the precedent was already set.

"Swamp Foxes"....they are at McEntire.

Shaw: "Gamblers", "Tigers", & "Fighting 55th".

Sorry for being a know-it-all...I used to work at Shaw.

The F-22 almost certainly was from Langley, VA.

For some reason I thought these guys were based at Shaw over the years:

Either them or some element of the WW2 USAAF 57th Fighter Group.

OIP.jFuYMPKuzDXEzl98kEBYWQHaFF

BTW, the 65th Aggressor Squadron was reactivated with F-35s on 9 June 2022.

1920px-65th_AGR_F-35A.jpg

So the Fighting Cocks are back!

They are highly upset with us about shooting this down. Now tell my why they would be upset that we shot down a "civilian weather balloon". I think they know they are getting ready to be caught in a lie and will say whatever we say we find out will be propaganda. I remember they shot down one of our surveillance planes claiming it was in their air space. Well the balloon was clearly in ours so the precedent was already set.
This was no "weather" balloon and the Chinese knew exactly where it was going. It should have been shot down as soon as it was detected. Heck Canada should have shot it down.

The Chinese (and Russians, N Koreans, Iran etc) understand strength and weakness. Part of this exercise for them was to see how quickly we'd react. They are at war with us and they play a very long range strategic game.

I’m sure we were jamming all the transmissions since they detected it off the pacific coast. Smart move to let it get over the ocean before shooting it down. Who knows what was on board. The memes were totally worth it.

Attachments

• EC371135-9374-43F5-B110-E005ED5C8903.jpeg
    EC371135-9374-43F5-B110-E005ED5C8903.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 6
For some reason I thought these guys were based at Shaw over the years:

So the Fighting Cocks are back!
It's the 19th FS. They were flying Vipers at Shaw for a few years, next F-15C/D in Alaska, & now in Honolulu as a Raptor squadron.

f-16c-fighting-falcon-aircraft-of-the-19th-tactical-fighter-squadron-19th-tfs-992ded-1600.jpg

Cool squadron patch. Notice the colors of the bird.

FS-19-1153.jpg