Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite BBQ Restaurant In Carolina

I won't go so far as to say they sucked, but they certainly were not what I would call great either. I went to the one on Williman St. back a few months ago after hearing so many glowing reviews for their wings. I ordered a dozen. I was then asked if I wanted any Alabama sauce on the side. ( Strike one.) Half a dozen came to the table. (Strike two.) I ate them, and they were quite bland with zero smokiness. (Strike three.)

The bill comes, and I see that I am being charged for the full dozen wings even though only six came to the table. I point out the error to our server, who was very nice by the way. Anyways he goes to correct the error, but in doing so, he winds up completely removing the charge for the wings. Considering all three strikes and the fact that I was about to be overcharged, I didn't feel the need to correct his second error. I still tipped him well since he was very nice throughout the service.
Just go to Swig n' Swine on wednesday (pay for 6 wings get 12). They are some of, if not the best wings I've had at a restaurant. The sauces are bottled and all on the table so you can pick what you like. 

Our go to order is a dozen wings, an order of their pork rinds with honey tabasco, and a few of the Bourbon Barrel Ale that they have on tap. 

For BBQ they are right in line with some of the other better places I have eaten. The portions are generous, the 3 meat plate is more than enough for 2.
U must eat High On The Hog!!!

:blue-glow-lol-emoticon:

Last edited:
Rodney never left the Hemingway location. Also, before the satellite locations, the original was featured in the NY Times, Atlanta Journal and other publications as a top flight BBQ joint. Sorry you don't like that style but it is very popular and tasty.
Well I don't know what the relationship is between him and his daddy as I heard some stuff on the "Old CT" and they said something about that's why Rodney moved to Charleston, SC????  I absolutely do like the BBQ at Rodney's in Charleston, SC and he came out and sat down with us and is really a great guy.  I just stated that I went to a BBQ Restaurant in Kingston, SC that was supposed to be "off the charts and it was not that good to me" and maybe it is because I don't like the way they do theirs in that part of the state.  Rodney Scott's BBQ is a horse of a different color to me and his food was really good in Charleston, SC.  I have never been to the Hemingway BBQ Restaurant, so I can't comment on that one.