Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OC choices

Gonna be an interesting bowl game.

If Shane looks and sounds like somebody ran over his dog in the pressers, it might be bad.

If not, then he probably already has a solid solution in place and the train will keep a rollin'.

The question of who actually called the last two games most likely matters to our recruits in the wake of Satt's departure to Nebraska.

We ourselves can have our own opinions, but Shane will have to answer the question at some point to give clarification to the recruits.

From that standpoint, it matters a lot.
So you trust Shane who told you Satterfield called the games or you have an "opinion"... Do you trust the media that states we did everything to retain Satterfield?

So you trust Shane who told you Satterfield called the games or you have an "opinion"... Do you trust the media that states we did everything to retain Satterfield?
It was coach speak, Satterfield was gone and. Shane was just keeping the boat level until he found a place to land.

I would really love to know what was actually going on behind the scenes. Had Beamer already told Satterfield he wasn't going to be retained, were they working it out to save face for Satt, had they talked to Rhule, was someone else calling plays? I don't know the answer to any of those questions. It's all so ....... sophisticated.

I would really love to know what was actually going on behind the scenes. Had Beamer already told Satterfield he wasn't going to be retained, were they working it out to save face for Satt, had they talked to Rhule, was someone else calling plays? I don't know the answer to any of those questions. It's all so ....... sophisticated.
Definitely a lot going on that we don't know about. My guess is Beamer told Sat after the Fla game to start looking at at other jobs and someone else called the plays for Tenn and Clem.

But it's all speculation.

Definitely a lot going on that we don't know about. My guess is Beamer told Sat after the Fla game to start looking at at other jobs and someone else called the plays for Tenn and Clem.

But it's all speculation.
I have been thinking it was Stepp maybe from up in the booth while Satt was on the field working with the players.

That would make sense if he's the one calling the bowl game.

If that's so, then Shane's already had a Plan B in his head for a while now.

I feel the same way about Satt that I felt about Jason Brown after he skipped the bowl game last year. It's definitely unfortunate, but what's done is done.

Maybe we're looking at a setup where Stepp and Kitchens are the co-offensive coordinators with Freddie analyzing our opponents and Stepp calls the plays.

All speculation at this point, too, but I am starting to get excited about possibly facing Notre Dame in a bowl game, wherever it is.

I have been thinking it was Stepp maybe from up in the booth while Satt was on the field working with the players.

That would make sense if he's the one calling the bowl game.

If that's so, then Shane's already had a Plan B in his head for a while now.

I feel the same way about Satt that I felt about Jason Brown after he skipped the bowl game last year. It's definitely unfortunate, but what's done is done.

Maybe we're looking at a setup where Stepp and Kitchens are the co-offensive coordinators with Freddie analyzing our opponents and Stepp calls the plays.

All speculation at this point, too, but I am starting to get excited about possibly facing Notre Dame in a bowl game, wherever it is.
I hope Stepp has been calling the plays. That would be so awesome! I love how Beamer seems to be setting up with analysts to replace coaches who move on. It's makes so much sense to maintain continuity for playcalling and player confidence. I don't know that that is truly the case, but I certainly hope so.

It was coach speak, Satterfield was gone and. Shane was just keeping the boat level until he found a place to land.
Yeah let's make wild speculations to make it look like everyone gave up on the OC like you did because that is the only thing that could make sense in your mind... Sure looked like the same screen plays you cried about when they didn't work and you blamed Satt, looked like the same deep balls that when they were over thrown... I'm sure Satt just called the first 3 and out, the pick 6 and the int in the end zone... 🙄

Last edited:
No it's not, so we believe we just let Satterfield hang around till the end of the season and the BOT, Beamer, players and other coaches as well as Satterfield all lied concerning the last 2 weeks of the season?
Coach Beamer, "He called every single play. And that's what kills me. Were these people on the headset?...That's the most ridiculous thing we've ever heard."

Last edited:
No it's not, so we believe we just let Satterfield hang around till the end of the season and the BOT, Beamer, players and other coaches as well as Satterfield all lied concerning the last 2 weeks of the season?
Coach Beamer, "He called every single play. And that's what kills me. Were these people on the headset?...That's the most ridiculous thing we've ever heard."
Don't waste your time being self-righteous about a guy who told USC and the fan base, which includes you BTW, to go pound sand.

Whatever you say was done to Satt, he did it to himself, whether it was not having his contract renewed or just wanting a job in a lesser conference.

Nebraska ain't Temple and they will chew him up and spit him out if he can't get it done out there. The folks out there are just not as forgiving as we are here.

Don't waste your time being self-righteous about a guy who told USC and the fan base, which includes you BTW, to go pound sand.

Whatever you say was done to Satt, he did it to himself, whether it was not having his contract renewed or just wanting a job in a lesser conference.

Nebraska ain't Temple and they will chew him up and spit him out if he can't get it done out there. The folks out there are just not as forgiving as we are here.
That is correct on all points. And there's also the possibility that no matter how this year turned out that Satt was going to go coach with his buddy wherever he ended up.

No one is being self righteous in pointing out conjecture upon assumptions upon wanting to be right... So now he told the entire fan base, all of USC to go pound sand, after standing around collecting a check for nothing for 2 weeks, after being an awful OC and Beamer just covered for him... And the cancer just grows, the ship continues to set sail with rumors and speculation all over the place... 8-4 and Beamer will get it done! I read some experts don't think we will be as good without Satterfield and this is why we will not get a better bowl, weird...
Coach Beamer, "He called every single play. And that's what kills me. Were these people on the headset?...That's the most ridiculous thing we've ever heard." Sounds like Coach speak...

Last edited:
That is correct on all points. And there's also the possibility that no matter how this year turned out that Satt was going to go coach with his buddy wherever he ended up.

I felt like Satt needed another year to work with Shane's recruits, but his contract that was only for two years when the rest got ones for three years made me think he wasn't planning on staying for more than 2 years anyway.

Maybe he was just on loan from Rhule anyway, or maybe he just didn't like the pressure of the competing in the SEC. Who knows?

What I do believe is Shane probably has a good Plan B going into the bowl game. I thought like most everyone else UT and Clemson would hand it to us, but we saw what happened.

Satt was making, what, 900K/year with us, so his pockets ain't empty. I wouldn't give a rat's azz about social media if I was in that position and most of us wouldn't, either.

Shane said right after he got calls congratulating him on the Clemson win, he said he also started getting calls from coaches asking about the OC position after news of Satt's departure.

Shane is in the catbird seat if he plays it right. Our bowl opponent will come in thinking we are in disarray minus our OC and probably get whacked pretty good.

This fan base, me included, have had smoke blown up our skirt year after year………so let’s just say we’ve seen this o,at before. You come in here with high hopes, sign a big contract and then run mid pack at best in the SEC east. What is exactly been done here to show us something different.

Perform or get the wrath of untold years of frustration. I won’t even get into the grifters who rape the program, then leave with a hefty exit package and go to our direct competitors……and act like they are the victim.

I am the leader of the opposition believing this is history repeating itself. I am also the leader of the “Admit I’m a dumbass and am wrong“ faction. Perform or dont let the door hit you in the 4th point of contact on your way out.

Just win baby……scorched earth……tired of losing. Win or get the hell out.

Last edited:
This fan base, me included, have had smoke blown up our skirt year after year………so let’s just say we’ve seen this o,at before. You come in here with high hopes, sign a big contract and then runmmid pack at best in the SEC east. What is exactly been done here to show us something different.

Perform or get the wrath of untold years of frustration. I won’t even get into the grifters who rape the program, then leave with a hefty exit package and go to our direct competitors……and act like they are the victim.

I am the leader of the opposition believing this is history repeating itself. I am also the leader of the “Admit I’m a dumbass and am wrong. Perform or dont let the door hit you in the 4th point of contact on your way out.

Just win baby……scorched earth……tired of losing. Win or get the hell out.
Denny Crane!

No. 1 in-state recruit decommits from Nebraska. Hmm makes you wonder Statt comes in and Coleman exits next day

Malachi Coleman

4 ATH |6’5”|40 4.40|100m 10.46| vertical 41.8| 3 sport athlete | 3x USATF All-American | CO‘23|3.05| Adidas All-American

No. 1 in-state recruit decommits from Nebraska. Hmm makes you wonder Statt comes in and Coleman exits next day

Malachi Coleman

4 ATH |6’5”|40 4.40|100m 10.46| vertical 41.8| 3 sport athlete | 3x USATF All-American | CO‘23|3.05| Adidas All-American
Interim coach at Nebraska was just arrested for domestic violence/assault